Weekly Art Challenge #51 Submission Thread - June 26 - July 3, 2021 - Dinosaurs!

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

This week the challenge is to take a trip to Dinosaur Island!

You can check out more details here.

Due Date: July 3, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.

@DCFanArtClub
Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

8 Likes

I know I’m early this week, but I get the feeling the rest of the week will overtake me and once I get inspiration I cannot stop drawing until complete.
I was thinking of dinosaurs and I thought of scaly skin. Who else has scaly skin? Killer Croc of course!
Then when researching the references I found a story on a prehistoric crocodile that attacked and ate dinosaurs.
Perfect!
Here is my battle of Killer Croc versus T Rex!
And before you mention scale no I did not enlarge Croc. He is standing closer to the “camera “ making him look larger than the dinosaur when in reality he is normal well for Killer Croc size.

PS this is my first time drawing a dinosaur. I think this may also be my first time with Croc as well as I drew only his lair in an earlier challenge.

12 Likes

Your textures are great in this. The T-Rex’s skin looks leathery and tough. Croc’s skin spikes and scales look fantastic also. Great job!! :+1:

5 Likes

Looks great! Very awesome T-Rex. Wouldn’t have guessed it was your first attempt at a dinosaur.

6 Likes

Dang good trex and croc too. Nice touch with the wrappings on his feet. Really great work :+1:

4 Likes

Legit dinosaur :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

4 Likes

I think this may be my first dinosaur and maybe even first Plastic Man.
Plas is very fun to draw!

11 Likes

Get outta town!! This is flat out awesome!!

5 Likes

Looks amazing! Great job!

5 Likes

Amazing work @ImpulseMaxMercury and @JKoco17! These are so good I hardly believe it’s either of y’all’s first time drawing a dinosaur. :t_rex:

8 Likes

Thanks @RobArt471 , @Aztek and @Shayera.Hol !

I think I still have the Li’l Gotham cuteness on my brain so I went with a fun dinosaur rather than something scary.

7 Likes

This is awesome! Dope idea and concept!

4 Likes

Fantastic work! That trex :clap: plus plas very good and funny concept! The sunglasses look great with the shine and the bloody teeth!

5 Likes

Croc was my first thought too! I would kill to see this faceoff in a comic tho I don’t think anyone would do it better than this. The textures are :kissing_smiling_eyes::ok_hand:

6 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury
That is awesome™:+1: wow.
Croc and t-Rex would be a cool fight. Like the details with the scales.

@JKoco17
Looks awesome™:+1:
The Rex looks great. And Plas does too. Cool concept with the wrap around the mouth.

5 Likes

I decided to do a Dino in DC. Good ol B-Rex from Death Metal when for a similar style I did Etrigan. Liked how it came out.

11 Likes

That’s awesome! Perspective is very clear, and they both look ferocious! I, too, would have assumed you must be a professional dino artist - that’s amazing! Looks like maybe the T-Rex in the Batcave reanimated and escaped! :smiley: Hope Croc ate his Wheaties today!

This is bananas fun and so well rendered. Love the texture of the dino’s scales/skin, and the expression on both their faces!

Oh really? … is that … blood on dino’s teeth? Is Woozy Winks okay? I demand proof of life!

Oh, god, that’s awesome. It looks like an art print or part of a trading card series. Very nicely done! :metal::metal::metal::metal:

4 Likes

Awesomeness!! Love Death Metal!!

3 Likes

Thanks​:+1:
I wouldn’t mind some death Metal cards being made.

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:
Definitely looks great. Still have to read it.

2 Likes