Weekly Art Challenge #48 Submission Thread - DC Pride - June 5-12, 2021

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

This week the challenge is to create something featuring a character appearing in the DC Pride anthology (in comic stores June 8).

You can check out more details here.

Due Date: June 12, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.

@DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

10 Likes

Interesting timing since I just finished my Kate Kane last month.

12 Likes

Who should I draw (closing soon)

• Aqua-Lad
  • Greenlantern
  • Poison ivy

0 voters

7 Likes

Looks like you have a clear winner!

7 Likes

Cheering in the back

Aqualad! Aqualad!

7 Likes

Reference: one of my favorite stories and art panels

12 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Love this, @stefanie.m! That panel is also one of my favorites.

7 Likes

Here’s a Harley Quinn!

10 Likes

Really nice work Stef!

7 Likes

Real cool

4 Likes

Good job. What is that from?:thinking:

5 Likes

Thanks, from Midnighter and Apollo

5 Likes

Nicely done! Love the classic hammer and the bomber jacket. Plus the background is super cute!

5 Likes

Thanks, I discovered the Krita ‘heart stamp’. Just one swipe of the stylus and it creates a trail of hearts!

6 Likes

Kate and Renee

Reference:

Sorry Kate! Her face just wouldn’t cooperate.

@keath was right about the hair and lips. I dislike her face a smidge less thanks!

9 Likes

this is awesome, I love how your version looks like a shape of a heart, :fire:

5 Likes

This is awesome. Really well done. I knew the reference immediately. Love the rainbow overlay, too! Nice touch.

Very cool. (The original reference is Maggie, though, right?) Kate’s face is great - I think it’s hard to see it “as Kate” clearly without color, since her hair/lips are always the “feature” that artists focus on.

6 Likes

You can’t tell, but I’m hiding behind my chair so I don’t get hit. This is awesome!

7 Likes

Correct i tried to swap her out but keep the pose with Renee sorry not sorry maggie

Thank you :heart: seriously one of my favorite panels, its so perfect.

6 Likes

Thanks! I was going for that Harley mix of lovable and scary at the same time.

7 Likes