Weekly Art Challenge #46 Submission Thread - May 22 - 29, 2021

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

This week the topic is Vertigo Comics!

You can check out more details here.

Due Date: May 29

Post your final work in the thread below.

@DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

6 Likes

I might have focused more on the hand then his actual face/head tilt (and he definitely gives me hank hill vibes! Sorry jensen :pensive:)

12 Likes

Wow, very cool. That perspective is very difficult to pull off.

If that reference art from Jock? The Losers comic?

7 Likes

Nailed it from the losers, I love Jensen. Also thank you

6 Likes

Here’s my take on Swamp Thing. I think my scratchy style suits him pretty well, but those colors are very tricky.

14 Likes

:fire: :fire:

8 Likes

Y The Last Man.

Screenshot_20210522-154526~2

12 Likes

Very nice! You did Beppo last week, so now you are 2 for 2 with monkeys!

6 Likes

What can I say they are cute lol​:joy:

5 Likes

I really think this is fantastic! Perspective is super difficult and yours seem on point to me. Perfect!

4 Likes

Looks great!! I agree the scratchiness is really good for him. You captured his cool weedy look just right.

I think my clean lines makes it harder to get the right look for him. I may switch to “V” and do Swampy at a different time when I have more of it to give him the proper attention he deserves.

4 Likes

Nice piece! Love the monkey! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Awesome job, so far! :purple_heart: Can’t wait to see what else y’all got- I’ll be back!! :eyes:

4 Likes

Thank goodness for references lol. Also thanks!

2 Likes

Fantastic. The different shades of green really bring him to life and of course the grumpy face.

4 Likes

Super cute monkey and yorick looks good too.

4 Likes

Thanks @RobArt471 and @stefanie.m ! I starting to get the hang of dropping in color, but I’m still working on the shading and blending. I was really going for that weedy look.

4 Likes

My version of the Swamp Thing. Been a fan since the original movie came out…

10 Likes

Great work! And really great shading the flower is super cute too.

3 Likes

Looks great! The black and white contrast reminds me of the Kelly Jones version of Swamp Thing.

4 Likes