Weekly Art Challenge #44 Submission Thread - May 8 - 15, 2021

Correct! And thank you!

6 Likes

Odd Man!

5 Likes

Still no guesses? I’m glad I didn’t go with my first choice as I felt that might have been less obscure. @JKoco17 when do we reveal if no one guesses right?

6 Likes

You reveal it to me in a dm and then I reveal it here and take the credit. :rofl:

5 Likes

Nice try!

4 Likes

Let’s add hints on Saturday and reveal on Sunday if no one guesses.

5 Likes

I wasn’t able to set up my account for the club until 3 days ago, I didn’t even know about the weekly challenges, heck I didn’t know about the monthly challenges, but now I’m going to hop on the train on Sunday and I’m going to get my pencil out in my SketchBook and I’m going to draw​:pencil2:

6 Likes

Hi and welcome! Always happy to have new folks join the fun!

6 Likes

Guess who :yum:

9 Likes

This is great! Good coloring work and nice style!
And welcome to the club!

Also, for my guess: Dumb Bunny, of the Inferior Five

5 Likes

The one and only :joy:BTW I don’t know my style yet but I tried lol

6 Likes

Dumb Bunny, wife of Ambush Bug

5 Likes

I’m still terrified of coloring, but I did it this time… so, Who Dat?

Clues:
0. No, Alfred would never wear such a bowtie.

1. I consider him a one shot character, but many conflate him with an uncommon but recurring character first appearing in 1942. (I will accept either identity.)

2. His one shot appearance was 1975.

3. …created (or adapted) by Denny O’Neil and José Luis García-López.

4. He is likely named for a 1908ish vaudeville song about a junkie chimneysweep.

9 Likes

Great work! I would have been lost without the hints.
You’ll have to tell us how this guy came to mind.

6 Likes

I feel like I should add some more hints.

- There are actually 2 characters in the DCU with this same name

- Created in 2018

- His series lasted 12 issues plus an annual

- The series was part of a big ‘New Age’ for DC

5 Likes

Nice work! I actually didn’t know this one, but was going to research that belt buckle if no one had guessed it

5 Likes

Oooohhhh, I had been searching older JLD issues for a villain in the recesses of my memory! But this means it’s good ol’ Joseph Chamberlain, yes?

It’s one of my favorite series (I love all the hoops they had to jump through to do a villain series within the Comics Code) and he’s always stuck in my mind. (My original pick was Trixie Magruder, but I’ve posted elsewhere that she’s a favorite, so I thought that might be too easy.)

6 Likes

You got it! It’s Brimstone from The Curse of Brimstone.

6 Likes

As I have not seen any correct guesses yet, here are some hints to his identity:

1. He was a core supporting cast member to a supporting character to one of the major heroes.
  2. He was a doctor at one time.
  3. He was resurrected by a Lazarus Pit.
    We will see if that helps.
4 Likes

I’m still stumped. The only person that comes to mind is Crawley from Moon Knight, but that would be the wrong company :grin:

6 Likes