Weekly Art Challenge #41 Submission Thread

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Due Date: April 17
Updated 19-April-2021 with all final submissions in the top banner image.

@DCFanArtClub

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

9 Likes

I’ll kick things off with this pic of Etrigan. It’s one of the first things I’ve tried to do in full color and I’m still getting used to the tools (and learning more about light and shadows).

12 Likes

Love the colors and the pose!! And the hellfire looks amazing. Is that what people call kirbyesque?

7 Likes

Thanks! Yes, that’s the Kirby crackle!

8 Likes

Nice

8 Likes

I’ve always liked Etrigan, but since I’ve started hanging out here I’ve gained a whole new appreciation for him. :smile:

13 Likes

Really great! The figure is perfect and colors are pro level.

Someone standing on someone else’s head seems to be the new trend around here. Maybe we should do a random number challenge where the first number is the standing figure and the second is the head. We could have some interesting combinations!

7 Likes

Thank you. I have always struggled with coloring. I feel like I try to do too much or not enough. I think that would be a cool challenge. If not a head at least a head to head battle (see what I did there :slight_smile: )

7 Likes

:astonished: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: wow!!! The colors/shading are on point, the pose is amazing, the rhyme is dope. Overall flipping spectacular!!!

6 Likes

Great piece! Captured his angry disposition perfectly with his expression. Excellent coloring. :+1:

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: this.

6 Likes

Awesome!! Poor Darkseid he never wins. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Fantastic colors & shading!!

6 Likes

Darkseid is… a head

6 Likes

Etrigan transititions

From my own hate

Do I change my fate

To love my image

Is to touch the divine

Moving within my own life

To reverse the pain inside

I feel for my soul

Its’ hope I search for

The will to win

Always so masculine

The birth pangs of a mother

Months of torture to bring forth

Those moments of fear

Doubting even the name of the father

As life is always precious

So too is the collective truth

With thoughts on our purpose

The path shines through

Wanting happiness might be greed

But working for it is a personal need

With technology I make this choice

To find my true voice

Let my past be dead

And my true form be shown!

9 Likes

I returned to an idea I had before but was not sure how to implement. I don’t know how Jason Blood’s transformation to Etrigan goes, but I went a horror route of him breaking through his human shell. I have him jumping down through the rings of Hell.

10 Likes

Duuuuude very cool concept! I dont think I’ve seen a horror version of their transformation! I do love Blood so it was a little shocking at first to see him split in half like that but this is great!! 2 wonderful etrigan pieces! :clap:

9 Likes

Those boots are on point. And the eyes as well

7 Likes

My background skills are weak looo

10 Likes

It must be done! :batparrot:

7 Likes

@Stephen.Gluck.Henderson.67303 - Nice, high-concept piece with great color.

@ImpulseMaxMercury - Whoa, that’s creepy. Fantastic job!

@stefanie.m - So cute! But now my head is in a dark place after the IMMs, that I wonder if cute Etrigan is about to bite that child’s head off!! Is that a baby Jason Blood?

9 Likes