Weekly Art Challenge #38, Submission Thread

This absolutely innovative! What a cool idea! I love it!

4 Likes

The prompt made me think of how some elements don’t mix and can create some cool effects. That led me to my submission here - Metamorpho!

Sorry, just finished this today @ 6:00am and I Didn’t get to color it. As with many of us, work has been busy this month for me.

5 Likes

Umm this is amazing!! What a super cool idea and how yall do digital art blows my mind. I love love Hyde he looks so freaking adorable! And aquababy with aquaman is cute too. Aquaman looks ba and black manta peeking around the glass. Just very cool dude and adorable.

3 Likes

Duuuuude very nice work! Melting through that wall is such a cool look, with it dripping down. Bolts on the wall and the pipes, your background work is :astonished: and of course the character looks amazing as well the weapon hand is perfect.

3 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

2 Likes

Yeah it was very fun to make.

3 Likes

That looks awesome™:+1:like the way he’s melting in through the wall.

3 Likes

Thank you! The red liquid made me think of something hot or heated, hence the burning and melting side and the broiler room type setting for the background. The pipes were for the water or clear liquid in the glass. I was baffled by what to do with the other side of Metamorpho, and defaulted to making it a weapon based on some references I found of him.

3 Likes

Thank you! :+1:

3 Likes

So many cool details! I had to download it and blow it up to see it all.

Is Black Manta breaking the glass??

4 Likes

Very nice! Really great figure work.

3 Likes

Thanks! :+1:

2 Likes

I love the two sides of the coin (Harvey would be proud). The spiral draws me in and I like the opposite looks of Owlman and Batman. If it is possible, Batman even looks more positive and Owlman looks angrier. Great job!

4 Likes

I like the look, very clean and she has that look like “did you really just say that to me?” The congealed blood on the name tag works. The coloring is just amazing, the green just really pops.

4 Likes

I know, Atom looks like he is not enjoying this as much. Hey Etrigan still would win a rap battle, but I have some chops.

4 Likes

I tried to capture an old school comic ad promoting the next crossover. Dr Sivana’s eyes I am very proud of, and I am glad you liked how they came out.

4 Likes

Love it! It is so cute how you took the actual photo and had the cartoon characters interact with it. Just seeing them around the glasses and seeming to have fun is so great! It made me smile.

4 Likes

Love the concept! I like that you used the actual photo and added the characters around it like some kind of Roger Rabbit thing. The Aquaman cartoon characters interact so well and this just made me smile!

3 Likes

Great job! I like the melting aspects with him and I think it looks great uncolored. It really gets the sense of the character who I figure is a tough one to do since he combines many different textures but you nailed it!

4 Likes

Thank you!! I appreciate all the kind words.

2 Likes