Weekly Art Challenge #38, Submission Thread

WeeklyChallenge38
You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

@DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

10 Likes

When I saw the image, I thought symmetry, opposites and balance. It may be a stretch, but that took me to the Crime Syndicate and the idea for this Owlman/Batman sketch.

Hey, Crime Syndicate does have a new book coming out soon, right?

6 Likes

I like where your head went in this one. I would not say it is a stretch at all. Speaking of symmetry, the 2 opposing profile are fantastic! I like this quite a lot! Great work!

4 Likes

I saw the two glasses and initially thought mad scientist with a robot with these tubes in the design. Then I thought how Mr Mind is usually in glass somewhere and I thought who else could fit in a glass.
I hope you don’t mind me spoiling the next crossover from DC.

5 Likes

Thanks Rob!

3 Likes

Cool concept. Is that the Atom in the other glass? I actually had an idea of flipping the glasses over and putting the Atom in one, but couldn’t come up with who goes in the other one.
Nice work!

5 Likes

Agreed, very cool concept and tag line! I can totally see this as an ad page for the crossover event in one of my comics. Very nice work!!

4 Likes

Yes it is the Atom! I was going to flip glasses over but then I wanted the liquid in them so I went a different way. Thanks for the compliment!

4 Likes

I just hope I didn’t strain the eyes too much as I got smaller. I started with the one idea and it came down to another with the crossover. I felt since Mr Mind had a big part of 52 then he should continue here

3 Likes

It wasn’t too bad. It gave me an excuse to break out the electron microscope from the storeroom. :rofl:

4 Likes

Forgive me the “blood” it didn’t work out like I had in my head lol.

Reference but with some changes

6 Likes

Great! Very creative and well executed work. I did always like owl man in the crisis on 2 earths movie :ok_woman:

4 Likes

Dude poor atom! This is great work! And I think etrigan would be envious of your rhyme :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Nice work! Tell us how the cups inspired you on this picture. Is it tied to the blood on the letters?

4 Likes

Thanks! For the prompt I saw some swirly stuff in the cups and thought poison which is Chesires’ thing. :ok_woman: the blood was going to be like foaming at the mouth but that looked weird lol.

4 Likes

Ah, swirly red poison. Now I get it! That makes a good connection back to Cheshire.

4 Likes

Great piece! Love the hair, the highlights at excellent. What a fantastic job on her face! Her eyes, nose and mouth are perfectly sized, shaped and spaced. So good! Be proud!

3 Likes

:astonished: :grin: thanks!! The hair oh man how the colorists get those highlights is magic lol

3 Likes

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1:
The double back to back is great.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
This is great. Classic comic vibes. Very awesome™:+1:. Like how the eyes came out.

@stefanie.m
Awesome™:+1:
The animated style looks great.

4 Likes

I tried something new and did a Tiny Aquaman Adventure.

7 Likes