Weekly Art Challenge #36, Submission Thread

Week36Banner

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

@DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

9 Likes

Saved some cash and got some ink… first time using ink pens… made a lot of mistakes but it was fun…

10 Likes

I’ve been a part of this challenge thread forever, but I’m not sure how to use it, so I have never posted. I’d love to post, so can someone help me understand what I should do?

5 Likes

Sure. You click the link above to see the prompt. There you’ll see what the challenge is. Then you creat some dc based art using the challenge prompt. All art is good (drawing, painting, photos, whatever as long as it’s DC based.
Then you’d just submit it in the submission thread (which is this one) and that’s it. See the art and enjoy.

Hope this helps​:+1: I can explain more if needed.

3 Likes

that’s killer, @comp.LEX! the background’s a work of art on its own, and i love the way you did her hair.

welcome back, @graphite_monk.40320!

3 Likes

That looks awesome™:+1:.
I agree with biff the hair is amazing. And the colors came out great.

3 Likes

Mr and Mrs Freeze for a cold February day!

7 Likes

Very well done! :100:

3 Likes

I hope I interpreted this correctly.

6 Likes

Love this on many levels… she looks terrific

5 Likes

Very creative… and i think it works perfect with the prompt… everyone can feel safer with him over head…

4 Likes

Nice perspective on the house. Very cool idea.

4 Likes

Thanks @RobArt471 and @comp.LEX ! As I get used to working digitally, I’m starting to realize how scratchy my style is when zoomed in. You both have very clean lines to your work.

3 Likes

Thanks! I was thinking of how I miss my animal family members while gone on vacation or I am away for awhile and how they miss me too. I figured Supes and Krypto would feel and same.

4 Likes

Thank you! I always try to make an idea in my head more visually appealing and dynamic is some way. Sometimes it works too! :laughing:

3 Likes

Mine start scratchy, but I then do a light erase and tighten them up by redrawing over them. When doing it digitally, I create a new layer and then reduce the opacity of the original. Then redraw the image again and add shading. Once done I kill the original layer completely.

3 Likes

Beautiful i love the pose and her university jacket. The colors are popping and shading well done too. :+1:

4 Likes

This is great. Good gun work and hands! And the shine on helmet.

4 Likes

Awwww precious! Wonderful Interpretation (and execution). I feel like that when I leave my puppers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: great work on krypto and the house i mean look at that gutter drain thing :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks! Pa Kent would’ve taught Clark the importance of a good gutter. I mean who else could keep a gutter that clean? If I could fly, mine would get cleaned more often. :joy:

3 Likes