We need to talk about Teen Titans Year One

This time I wanted to talk about Teen Titans Year One
Although I liked this story I think it was a little underdeveloped beating the justice league in just a few pages is one thing stopping me from reading this again, I also think roy and Donna’s relationship was rushed. However the drawings and overall storyline was really good.

So what do you think?

1 Like

Hey! I actually made a thread a couple weeks ago (https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/betaparticipants/teen-titans-year-one-and-a)! It’s my favorite Teen Titans storyline (maybe I’m being hyperbolic, but I do really love it). Yes, beating the Justice League and Roy/Donna’s relationship was rushed; but the Year One stories that came out during 2008 were all limited to just a few issues, so I’m able to forgive that. I think the stuff that’s great about this run outweigh other aspects. The portrayal of the characters are super unique, it manages to balance between a campy and somber tone really well, it has a cool villian, and I am in love with the art style. I’m so glad that I was able to buy and own the physical issues. I love this run.

@Omniland before you brought it to my attention I didn’t realize they were this short.

@omnilad*

It felt like it could have been an ongoing series or a maxi-series. I remember getting to the end felt kind it came abruptly. It’s quite good, but it needed more.

1 Like

Bah. Humbug.

Yeah, it’s easy to miss, @Anonymousbluebeetle.

And yeah, @BatWatch, I would love for it to have continued on into a long series/run.

It’s fine. I like the tone. I agree that it should have led to a new series.