We need more R rated movie. who's with me?

These movies might be rated R, but they’re good too. There must be other people that want to see them too, so why aren’t they on here?

13 Likes

Oops, just realised I put this in the wrong category. My bad.

What r rated dc movies are there.

R-rated
Watchmen, Red Hood, Lobo, Constantine, Justice League Dark and Deathstroke all deserve an animated or live action series

2 Likes

Agree. Also, The Killing Joke should be added to this

1 Like

I agree. Like how badass it would be if we got a Rated R Batman movie.

1 Like

Batman horror movie! Poison Ivy horror <3

1 Like

I disagree. We need more quality stories with in depth character portrayals. Being R rated is the least of my worries. If anything a goal like that just takes away from the important stuff like the character, story, future movies, and fan base. Trying to get more R rated hero films just chocks up the shock factor, gimmicks, and doses of shallow scenes that have been played out in every existing R rated movie (all genres) since the R rating came into existence for films. I don’t need R ratings to enjoy a movie. You want to have a curse word here and there, some blood or violence, or even something slightly sexual…sure keep it real. But, going for R rated is simply the wrong goal for overall quality. It’s a middle school desire. I stay think deeper.

9 Likes

A Lobo/Deathstroke Team Up Film

3 Likes

An R rating doesn’t always equate quality, you know?

3 Likes

I think the OP is saying that they want the animated films that are already rated R to be available on here. I completely agree!

3 Likes

Redhood and Arsenal movie

1 Like

If “R” stands for Rad I’m all for it :partying_face:

I’ve been saying that to myself forever. Suicide Squad hell to pay & Titans are how I would prefer my content. They can have kids stuff separate, it’s easy u just put an “R” rating on it then it’s on the parents to do their job. To dc’s credit I think their thinking the same way. I don’t think they realized how many kids would enter adulthood as bigger comics fans then when they were little. I think they thought it would be make a new version for the kids every 10yrs and they can pass it on. With the invention of the net, they saw how many adults were still way into comics. You never heard of comic-con until after the net, now it’s known to people who don’t even like comics. So yes, I’m with u and liking the direction it’s heading.

2 Likes

I guess I’m the weirdo here. I think too much of DC’s content has been too dark/hard lately. I miss the days when superhero movies were fun and fairly family friendly. Maybe it’s a sign that I’m getting too old…

Yeah!

The best comic movies are dark and violent.

1 Like

I really enjoyed watching superman murder the prisoners in dawn of justice in the nightmare scene

I’m wondering what you actually want in your “R” rating. Titans is a show with lots of violence and very adult language. Onscreen, it would be “R” rated. If you are interested in the nudity that we aren’t seeing on this service, that’s entirely different. What has to be kept in mind is that Warner Bros. and DC Comics are huge brands that have established themselves as family entertainment providers and they make a LOT of money that way. They can push the boundaries of what is expected, but that only goes so far. Even if you got your “R” Batfilm, or a full out Lobo film, would they make it available on this app? Access is only a few dollars away for everyone, including kids who shouldn’t be watching that stuff yet.

I’m okay with an R rated film as long as its not exploitative. Like Gangs of New York kind of R-rated, not Hostel R-rated.

1 Like