We Need a New Superman Animated Show!

We need a new Animated Superman show ! Have the demographic be more towards teenagers and adults. The fights be more violent than normal. Have the rest of the Justice League pop in on different episodes and show the relationship of SuperDad and SuperSons. I think everyone would love it I know I would. So please help me show DC Universe this is a show the fans want. I never made a hashtag but this should happen hashtag
#NewSupermancarttoon

6 Likes

Please help me spread the word @Vroom @Kon-El @DocAtlas @Behemoth @TheTerribleToyman

6 Likes

At this point, I’ll take ANY new Superman animated series (though one like @jsmsiggy described would definitely be AMAZING).

5 Likes

I could go for a PG-13 Superman. We have more than enough TV-MA on here already.

6 Likes

I’m not opposed to a more family friendly Superman, as long as the people behind it put in a Pixar level of thought and care.

6 Likes

@TheTerribleToyman I could hug you possibly cuss you out in the nicest way possible

3 Likes

I see where you’re going, and it might be fun. For me, though, I would love to see a Silver-Age tribute show similar to Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Call it DC comics Presents: Superman (in homage to his defunct team-up title from the 70s and 80s) and embrace the silliness. Or, if you wanted to explore the super-sons, a Worlds Finest show that lets Jon and Damian get into trouble with occasional bail-outs from their dads could be cool.

4 Likes

I’m game for any and all of the following animated TV gigs for Superman and characters related to him:

â—Ź a family-friendly series
â—Ź a DC Comics Presents-esque team-up series
â—Ź a TV-14 +/- show
● a World’s Finest series (I’d title it "Superman/Batman: World’s Finest; it references their two best team-up books while informing folks who aren’t familiar with the World’s Finest label what that is exactly)
● the Superman Family series that, so far, hasn’t gone anywhere
â—Ź Steel
● Superboy (Conner in his '90’s duds)

3 Likes

For me, I’m not as selective about the subject than I am about the style of animation. It all looks like it is very well suited to Mr. Darwyn Cooke’s style in the New Frontier, but for The Judas Contract or Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, I would have preferred to have something that evokes Mr. George Perez and Mr. Michael Turner, respectively. If Birds of Prey did better at the box office, I think an animated Birds of Prey movie would have been an easy choice, but for me, only if they could emulate the style of Mr. Ed Benes.

I realize some may reference the Watchmen stop motion comic film or the 1960’s Marvel animation shorts which lifted the art straight from the comics and recall how horrible they were (although I’d still like to have the shorts on Blu-ray), but I would think with the technological advances since then, what I’m requesting shouldn’t be that difficult to accomplish without breaking the bank.

3 Likes

We need more eyes to see this if we are to effectively make a new Superman show we need to show them their is a market for it!