We Gotta Get Rid of This Black Label Stuff. It’s Great! But It Should All Be Canon

Not what we mean

2 Likes

I would have to think about that.

1 Like

I disagree as well, if there was no Black Label, that means no Sean Murphy and his White Knight series that just blew my mind, and Green Hell with Constantine and Swamp Thing, is getting good. I know there have been some really great Joker stories.

To me the entire purpose of Black Label is to purposefully be out of continuity.

There is just so much to explore in the comic book world, I don’t know how others like Marvel, go about their universe. But we just had Dark Crisis which reverted everything back to being pretty much endless. While acknowledging the multiverse is endless. So I guess the only problem really boils down to what story lines are cannon / in continuity , I dont see a need to define what isn’t. It would be nice if DC had some kind of one-shot for dense readers as myself, that doesn’t have everything down pat on which stories are cannon, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, I am pretty sure the new DC storylines along with Lazarus Planet are now in the cannon/continuity. But still, it would be nice to know for sure.

An the rest of it, Black Labels, Pride Month issues, Christmas Issues, special this and that, I do not mind at all, it gives characters chances to branch out and explore, and writers and artists to try different stuff as well.

What I would love to see DC get rid of though, Variant Comics. I am not an eco-warrior by anymeans, but think about all the paper that is used and i think paper is a loose term now for comics cause I would be surprised if it is actual paper. anyhow, it is a lot of work and material, to reprint the exact same story, all for a different cover. Nothing else.

I would rather pay more for a normal comic, with no advertisements in it, an just variant covers in their place, than have to pay extra for the same story just to have the cover.

Now DC sort of does this with the poster books, but they dont get rid of the variants, and never will. just means my OCD has to choose, plus i hate getting comics slabbed and graded so.

Shrugs.

2 Likes

it is for sure batman vs robin finished it

1 Like

Some idea I’d like in continuity would be “Fables” and “Preacher”

1 Like