WB Rumored To Be Screen Testing Three Actors For Gunnverse DCU Supergirl Role

Hoping whoever they get is good

6 Likes

She was the ONLY thing I liked about that garbage of a movie.

5 Likes

I NEED it to be Meg Donelly but if it’s not then Emilia Jones, I absolutely loved her on Locke & Key and definitely in CODA.

4 Likes

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd

Who do you want to see play Supergirl?

5 Likes

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd

5 Likes

A new named actress that doesn’t end up playing herself.

5 Likes

I think it’s been said that Gunn won’t start casting for a character until the script is finished – and while we got an announcement of a screenwriter recently, I don’t know how likely it is we’ll see her unless she has a cameo in Legacy.

That said, of the three mentioned, I think Donnelly could work if only because she recently played a version of the character in the Legion of Super-Heroes animated movie.

4 Likes

To paraphrase Eleanor Shellstrop, “Honestly, if it isn’t Calle, this whole thing is screwed up and we gotta start over.”

4 Likes

:+1:

6 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people saying that if one actor from the DCEU can stay it should be Gal Gadot, which is obviously true, but unfortunately that ship has sailed, so I think we need to redirect that energy into making sure Sasha Calle and Margot Robbie stay as Supergirl and Harley Quinn. Who’s with me!?

5 Likes

Variety scribe Tatiana Siegel offers no evidence to back up her claim in this piece that Gadot is no longer WW. Just more supposition from the entertainment news press here regarding Gadot’s status. Gunn is the final word on this and so far he’s made no formal statements.

4 Likes

I disagree. In The Suicide Squad, Margot Robbie kept being spectacular as Harley Quinn, and the likeness of Jared Leto was not seen once.

I wouldn’t go QUITE that far, but I agree she was the best part. After Ezra Miller tanked their career, DC threw away any chance of connecting to Gunn’s new DCU in favor of throwing in yet another meaningless cameo, and I had to switch to a far inferior software three-quarters of the way through my musical adaptation, I thought the one thing that would come out of 2 1/2 hours of mid-'90s special effects and character development for characters who are then unceremoniously killed off was that at least we would have a comics-accurate Supergirl. That is what I meant when I said,
On a sunny day there was a railroad car
And a laaaaady steppin’ off a trainn
Errybody looked and errybody saw
That spring had come again

Now I find myself asking what all that suffering achieved. And if Calle is replaced, the answer will be quite literally nothing.
There are very few things in life I hate more than feeling powerless. But it looks like there’s very little I can do here. I’ve already been vocal about keeping Calle, and it looks like that might’ve been a waste of effort. So maybe all I can do is keep going with my Quest and hope for the best.
Unless…
Remember when I said I might go back and redo the offending videos? Well… I hereby proclaim that if, and only if, Calle is retained, I will find a better software (and pay for it, if necessary) and use it to replace the anomalous clip in “The Two Worst Non-Chibnall-Related Hours of Human History” and redo “Zero Hour” and “Third Act Problems”, incorporating footage from the new DCU, which I obviously couldn’t do before. So, DC, if you’re reading this, please don’t throw away one of the only good things you have from the last decade, and if you don’t, I promise, we’re gonna sing it again.

2 Likes

I only agree on Harley Quinn

The casting is up to Gunn and Saffron

4 Likes

This. It’s not official until Gunn and/or Safran say it. And everything Gunn has said thus far implies that Gal is staying and that they’re just working on the finer details behind the scenes right now.

3 Likes

Fair point!

3 Likes

Gunn has been very inconsistent on if Gadot is coming back or not. If I could choose one actor from the DCEU to come back I would choose… Nobody. Reboot means reboot.

Calle is tied to the previous regime, and Gunn wants his people in (which includes the guys who worked with him) in.

4 Likes

Paraphrasing here but:

James Gunn: It’s not a complete reboot. Characters and narratives from the DCEU will partially or completely carry over.

Yet way too many people have to be repeatedly reminded that it is not a complete reboot. Yes, Gunn is mostly keeping his own characters and stories (which is just…so gross) but there’s room for more non-Gunn DCEU characters to carry over.

Xolo Maridueña is staying as Blue Beetle and the broad strokes of his first movie might carry over into the DCU. This proves that it’s not just Gunn’s characters who are going from the DCEU to the DCU.

James Gunn: " I’m not sure where you’re getting that we ‘booted’ Gal." James Gunn Shoots Down Claim Gal Gadot Was “Booted” From DC Universe After ‘Wonder Woman 3’ Axing – Deadline

James Gunn: “We’ve talked to Gal. She’s up for doing stuff. We’re not sure what we’re going to do with that.” The Most Polarizing DC Sequel May Finally Be Dead

James Gunn: “We didn’t let Gal go.” https://screenrant.com/gal-gadot-ezra-miller-dc-future-james-gunn/

That’s James Gunn being consistent about Gal Gadot’s potential future in the DCU as Wonder Woman. These are quotes by Gunn on social media and during the DCU slate announcement. He’s been quiet on the matter recently because he himself has said that he’s addressing rumors about the future and characters of the DCU less often now.

Keep in mind, Gunn can and does absolutely change his mind and the guy can be pretty shady. But this is what he himself has directly said so far.

Now for Gal Gadot:

Gal Gadot: “From what I heard from James and from Peter is that we’re gonna develop a Wonder Woman 3 together.” Gal Gadot Developing Wonder Woman 3 With James Gunn, Peter Safran (Exclusive)

Gal Gadot quoting James Gunn: “You’re in the best hands. We’re going to develop Wonder Woman 3 with you. [We] love you as Wonder Woman— you’ve got nothing to worry about.” Gal Gadot | Fanning Those Flames of Disruption

Whether Wonder Woman 3 is a true continuation of Diana’s DCEU character arc/storyline or simply a third Wonder Woman solo film in a new universe with new lore is unclear. But it’s Gunn’s word and Gal Gadot’s word against two Variety articles with unspecified sources.

3 Likes

Right… I know… That’s what I mean by “DC”

3 Likes

Alright, alright! You’ve convinced me Gadot might stay and we’re getting off-track. The point is Calle should be second on the list, followed by Margot Robbie.

4 Likes

So, I asked my little sister, who is more generally knowledgeable about celebrities than I am, if there’s anything other than the Zombies movies that I should watch to prepare for Meg Donnelly being considered for a big role, and she was like, “Why?” and I said, “She might be the new Supergirl.” and she made a face that - I have spent the last 30ish hours trying to think of a better way to describe it, and there isn’t one - I can only describe as “the face people who were old enough to care must’ve made when they heard Ben Affleck was going to be Batman”.

5 Likes