WB Pictures Announces Breaking News!

If there was one way to keep me subscribed to HBO Max, this is it. This is an awesome decision and I’ll happily continue being antisocial into the new year!!

10 Likes

The promotion ended on October 31st, we aren’t aware of any new/upcoming promotions at this time.

6 Likes

This is a great idea!

6 Likes

Now if I can just get these darn nachos to taste like they do at AMC…

Edit: Sorry. My Bluetooth made my post more PG-13 than I intended. :grin:

6 Likes

Warner Brothers just announced that for 2021, they are going to release their movies on HBO Max on the same day as the Movie theaters release date.
What Do You Think About That?

• Love It
  • Hate It
  • Don’t Care

0 voters

7 Likes

While I love DC and WB with all my heart and am looking forward to the WALs here in the DCU sadly this move on (many of) the Tinsletown studios’ behalf ups the odds considerably for the American movie theater experience to come to an end, more than likely now sooner rather than later. Seeing a movie at the theaters is a slice of Americana that will be sorely missed more than we know and will have an irreparable effect on filmmaking as a whole. I’m quite saddened by this and am hoping that this &#%$ing COVID madness will end soon so I can get to the theaters before many of them close down. Plz excuze me for being Debbie Downer on this but it’s just how I feel. :pleading_face:

16 Likes

RIP movie theaters.

6 Likes

I just hope theaters are open by time Suicide Squad release date in August!

8 Likes

Need to figure out how to make the Good popcorn at home for this.

8 Likes

I agree…

I remember reading an article several years ago about how studios had pretty much decided profit sharing with cinemas wasn’t what they wanted to do anymore. This was inevitable, but feels a solid ten years ahead of where it would’ve been without COVID-19.

All movies is a shocking announcement. I have the bad feelings about theaters now too. It’s something we’ve been doing in this country for over 100 years. It’s part of “date night.” I’m sad with you, but trying to remember that things change.

5 Likes

Feels too good to be true.

4 Likes

Honestly, I think it’s going to change the industry somewhat. (Especially during a world-wide pandemic), but I also believe that there will always be movie theaters.

Yes, the movie theaters may be forced to make some changes, but I truly believe that there will always be a demand for watching movies on the big screen. To quote @DC89 stated, that is “a slice of Americana”.

I live in an area of around 200,000 people, and we have around 6 movie theaters. With that said, 5 out of those 6 are complete crap. The employees don’t care, the theaters are filthy, food/drinks suck, and there’s always insane people there. We do have one theater that is awesome, clean, courteous, etc., and that is the one we always go to. So I do think that most of the movie theaters will have to make some updates / changes in order to stay relevant. Before the screwed up year that is 2020, we went to the movies on a regular around 2 to 3 times every month. We are huge movie theater goers… Then Covid hit my family and friends really hard, (we lost some really good people), and it made me realize what makes humanity so great, is we learn to adapt in the face of adversity.

Now, please don’t get me wrong, even with an HBO Max subscription, any time a super hero movie comes out, we will make sure we go to the movies, and let Hollywood know that we still support you, with our movie ticket. ( After the pandemic is over of course).

But after I go to the movies, and watch it on the big screen, then I’ll go home, get on my computer, and watch it 20 more times.

That’s just my 2 cents. I think there’s going to be good and bad come of this. We just have to hold on for the ride.

No matter what, our DC Family will always have each other. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

I’ll add my two cents to this and echo other people’s concerns about how this will cause a change in the movie theater industry. It might be kinda crappy, but I do have a soft spot for my local Regal Cinema. I’m really not a fan of the idea that someday, theaters will be gone for good, which is why I’m hopeful that theaters will adapt and stay in business regardless of WB’s apparent generosity. In a lot of ways, this predicament reminds me of local comic shops as they keep trying to sell hard copies and compete with the convenience of digital formats.

Don’t get me wrong, the longer I have it, the more satisfied I’ve been with my HBO Max subscription (not to mention my DCU subscription :grin::grin:). Still, I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. This does feel too good to be true, and a part of me just knows there’s gonna be a catch. And like the other folks on the thread, I’ll be sure to keep supporting my local movie theater the same way I support my favorite lcs.

7 Likes

I doubt that movie theaters will disappear because of this news. The fact is the pandemic just sped up something that was already going to happen in the first place. I think it’s similar to what comic book shops are dealing with as well – it’s becoming more and more of a niche service when there are so many other options available. It’s a struggle to stay afloat, some businesses might fail, but some will also adapt and overcome.

11 Likes

They really trying to get me to buy hbomax

5 Likes

HBO Max: We are now making a Captain Carrot series and releasing all the comics here as an added bonus. They will crossover with Duck Dodgers and Green Lantern.

Would that work?

6 Likes

I mean, I already have a hbomax sub but bill me twice and call me shirley to make that an actual thing!

6 Likes

Okay Shirley

3 Likes

Now this is something I can get behind!!! :fist:

3 Likes

woot woot, especially for Looney Tunes and Tom And Jerry.

3 Likes