WB Exclusive Rights To Golden Age Era Heroes' IP Set To Fully Expire In Thirteen Years

If that was the case they would be pushing him as Jon Kent instead of as Superman and trying to make the general public see him as Superman instead of Clark. That means TV and movies starring him. Those are still starring Clark.

5 Likes

pushing something in the comics doesnt necessarily mean the films too at least i think
plus they would probably wait to establish jon once clark is established as well due to the fact that clark is his father

4 Likes

If Disny, WBD, Amazon and the rest lobby to extend the copyright, it may not happen for another 20-25 years. The studios already extended it twice.

5 Likes

Good point.

5 Likes

I hope I’m alive when this happens, because I would totally want to make a Gothic/ Noir story of Batman

6 Likes

You have a point. They have done it before.

4 Likes

The gates of chaos are going to get blown open with these releases. Worse than Mickey Mouse

4 Likes

good

4 Likes

The punlic domain thing only extends to the very first iteration of the character, not any later versions.

In the case of Mickey Mouse, only the “Steamboat Willie” version is public domain. The later variations are still locked up.

5 Likes

“Plane Crazy” entered the public domain as well, but its Mickey is the same as the “Steamboat Willie” version, so it really doesn’t make any difference.

4 Likes

Me when all the weird horror movies come out and those creators are not getting any of my money:

giphy

3 Likes