WATCHMEN 📺 (TV Series) Watch-Along! 7/19 thru 7/28 @7pm PST/10pm EST

“Who watches the Watchmen?” Well, (for at least a couple weeks, anyway) WE DO!

Hey everybody! To accompany our multi-club Alan Moore Roundtable discussion, we thought it’d be fun to watch the entire HBO TV Series in a set of daily WALS and we’d love some company—that’s where you come in! :raised_hands: Join us!

Details below for anyone who hasn’t seen it, or if you’re new to watch-alongs…

Watchmen (2019): Set in an alternate history, where masked vigilantes are treated as outlaws, and 34 years after the original story, Detective Angela Abar (aka: Sister Night) investigates the reemergence of a white-supremacist terrorist group, inspired by the long-deceased moral absolutist, Rorschach. Based on the graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

:tv: WHERE: Right here in this thread!

:tv: WHEN:There are 9 episodes total, each roughly an hour long. We’ll be watching ONE :point_up: PER NIGHT @ 7pm PST/10pm EST on the following days, w/ the final 2 on the last night:

Week 1:

• Monday, 7/19: E1
  • Tuesday, 7/20: E2
  • Wednesday, 7/21: E3
  • Thursday, 7/22: E4
  • Friday, 7/23: E5

Week 2:

• Monday, 7/26: E6
  • Tuesday, 7/27: E7
  • Wednesday, 7/28: E8 & E9

PLEASE NOTE:
You’ll need your own copy or rental of the show! It’s available on HBOMax OR you can rent it right :arrow_right: HERE.

Be ready to hit PLAY at the moment of truth and if you get lost, we got you—just ask and we’ll get you on track. And if you miss a day, that’s okay! Catch up when you can and meet us for the next! Hope to see you here! :popcorn:
Rated: R, Runtime: 52-67 minutes
Contact @Razzzcat or @msgtv below if you have any questions.

:dc: For more info on clubs, you can head to our DCU Club Directory HERE.

18 Likes

:dc_history_club: :house_of_horror: :justice_league_book_club: :harleys_crew: Stop by for the month of July to discuss Alan Moore and his work. Everyone is invited, so don’t be shy! New questions posted weekly, but anything you’d like to discuss is welcome!

14 Likes

Cool, I’d been wanting to watch this but hadn’t got around to it.

9 Likes

I don’t want to inflate your expectations, but it’s second to Krypton as the best live-action DC TV show of the last couple years.

9 Likes

Oh Damn! :flushed: Right on… :smiley:

8 Likes

No. A factual FACT! :purple_heart:

8 Likes

That it’s second to Krypton, sure. :wink:

Say, who’s that lovely lady? Does she like guys with toys?

8 Likes

We’re in the same boat @ejdias.95910. I’m looking forward to this!

10 Likes

More Moore. It’s weird, it’s almost as if someone is manipulating our reality from afar.

10 Likes

Surely…you don’t mean the one, the only…Dan DiDio, do you?

I like him, but others don’t.

8 Likes

Just gonna leave this here :coffee:

10 Likes

The Watchmen was intriguing with its overall mystery, untold history lessons and secrets in every characters closet. It is one of the smarter shows I’ve watched lately.

7 Likes

WAL is coming (not today, but soon)

FEAR THE DEER

7 Likes

Sorry, what’s that? :sun_with_face: :wink:

Looking forward to the WAL. I’ll have a cold can of beans, Rorschach-style, nowhere near as I watch, because cold beans aren’t all that good. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I was thinking either Bambi or Sweet Tooth. :thinking:

5 Likes

Basketball, mon frere, basketball. :slight_smile:

dribbles the ball, then shoots it and…it bounces off the backboard and into the bushes

Yeah! Nothin’ but net! :basketball:

I would go 1 on 1 with Rorschach or Dr. Manhattan.

5 Likes

:notes::musical_note:Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow you’re only a WAL away​:notes::musical_note:

6 Likes

Possible WAL reactions

6 Likes

dusts off his seat and puts this in it

“The clock is ticking, ever onward…”

8 Likes

7 Likes