Watch Party | Smallville Season 3 | Every Sat. @ 8 PM EST | Smallville Fan Club

Or maybe they just went across Russia? Crossing the poll didn’t really happen until there was some explorers that tried it around 1900 I think.

2 Likes

Oh wait I know they came by way of Minnesota

2 Likes

Probably all of the above lol if you’re going to make it in Alaska before it was even a state, you probably have the guts to cross anything

2 Likes

Do you know who bought Alaska from Russia? William Seward, he was the Secretary Of state for President Lincoln and Andrew Johnson. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ll plan to try to be here next week same time same Smallville!

2 Likes

A few years after surviving assassination attempt on April 14,1865 he would later buy Alaska and at the time, people thought he was a idiot, he actually made a smart move.:grinning:

2 Likes

Yep! We actually celebrate him quite a lot! Named a town after him, a highway, etc :stuck_out_tongue: He got one heck of a deal too!

We’ll see you next week @Don-El! It was a blast per usual!!

1 Like

Bye!

2 Likes

So where was this watch along you were on?

2 Likes

History Channel books.:slightly_smiling_face: Just Kidding, Books on President and American history.

2 Likes

Oh I get it this wasn’t a watch along, it was a single along

2 Likes

This week on Smallville…

When: December 4, 2022 1:00 AM

What: Smallville - Season 3, Episode 13: Velocity :racing_car:

Where to watch: Smallville is available for streaming on Hulu or by digital download on iTunes/YouTube/Google Play/Vudu/Amazon Prime, or DVD and Blu-ray.

Synopsis

Pete has the need for speed, but his new friends have a quick temper to match. Chaos ensues…can Clark save the day?!

Cast & Crew

Director: Jeannot Szwarc
Writers: Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer

Cast:
Tom Welling Clark Kent
Kristin Kreuk Lana Lang
Michael Rosenbaum Lex Luthor
Sam Jones III Pete Ross
Allison Mack Chloe Sullivan
Annette O’Toole Martha Kent
John Schneider Jonathan Kent
John Glover Lionel Luthor
Ian Somerhalder Adam Knight
Camille Mitchell Sheriff Nancy Adams
Françoise Yip Dr. Lia Teng
Ryan Merriman Jason Dante
Moneca Delain Mara
Colin Corrigan Dante’s Mechanic
Chris Kalhoon Lex’s Assistant

We will keep track of all the unconscious characters :face_with_spiral_eyes: and ruined vehicles :sv_crash: to add to the Smallville Incident Report!

Reminder of the Rules:

Spoiler Free Watch Party!

Let’s live in the 2003 moment and pretend we’ve never seen the rest of the series so our new fans can enjoy like we did. Please do not post any spoilers about the future of any characters or plotlines during this event.

Can't Win If You Don't Play

You must have a way to access the episode and a DCUI membership to interact during the watch along.

Dual-Wielding

Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; your phone or computer for comments, and the big screen for viewing.

3, 2, 1 Let's Jam

Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action - we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

Let The Credits Roll

Who would want to skip that Remy Zero anthem anyway?

A Wrinkle In Time

If you get lost in the timestream you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute.
For example, it it’s XX:15pm then we are 15 minutes into the episode.

See you Saturday! :smallville_fan_club:

I just took advantage of the HBO Max special for Black Friday and signed up for the $1.99 three month trial (I had Max previously for a short while during lockdown while AT&T were still the owners) and I noticed Smallville is not on there - not surprisingly, since WB Television production is probably still making a great deal of money licensing it to places like Hulu.

But sigh.

Especially given that stuff that was on DC Universe originally (like the remastered Shazam series, etc.) are still not available anywhere, apparently, other than to buy.

1 Like

It’s on Hulu

2 Likes

Yep - I saw - my point probably wasn’t clear, but even though Warner Brothers has an agreement in place with Disney to sell their portion of Hulu, they still technically are part owners and there’s still a distinction between Hulu and Disney+ was essentially the point I wanted to make.

As for getting Hulu, I did almost slightly consider getting their Black Friday special, but since I was far more interested in the 3 months ad-version HBO Max for $1.99, and I’m being gifted some Apple TV+, I don’t see the point. It will be far too much content to watch with those two, since I want to see Foundation and I have to catch up on S2 and S3 of For All Mankind and I likely will watch S1 as well, as well as other things and I’m sure HBO Max alone would occupy me full time.

3 Likes

@Reaganfan78 and I wrote them requesting they bring it to HBOmax. They at least gave the courtesy reply of receiving the message. I think it has something to do with licensing and from what I’ve heard on the rumor mill, those are usually for 5-7 year increments. So if it ever does come to HBOmax, it might be a while :confused: I do wish DC stuff could be all on HBOmax. Sure, they can do Hulu too, that’s fine, as long as HBO gets to be the one stop shop for everything, we can share lol Guess we gotta work our way up to WB execs :face_exhaling:

2 Likes

Wish I could use this account still

I heard that NBCU is the one who could buy Hulu or sell there 33% then buy WBD

Actually, sorry, I mistyped. AT&T already sold their interest in Hulu to Disney after they won the court case and complete the deal with WB. It’s Comcast that still technically owns their third portion.

But Comcast already has a contract in place to sell their share to Hulu, although the entire thing has never made sense for any of them. Comcast, instead of trying to and wasting the millions upon millions to make Peacock into a thing, should have bought AT&T’s 10% and forced the Justice Department to make Disney sell their portion to Comcast due to Disney+ and the Fox merger, which effectively was giving Disney control of Hulu due to Fox being a part-owner. This is especially true because NBC and Fox were the original owners of Hulu.

NBC Comcast would not be allowed to buy WB. I don’t know why these fallacies keep coming up.

Disney cannot buy DC because (a) they own a large competitor and because even Discovery would not sell off DC Entertainment or just the publishing part of it (e.g. DC Comics) because that’s the Intellectually Property farm/basis for DC Entertainment. And it’s not going to happen. Every time the DISCO suits talk to the media or they talk to Wall Street they specifically single out two things as intellectually property of the new company that needs to be paramount: Harry Potter and the DC characters.

Not Guy Fieri; not the Property Brothers; not Shark Week.

And NBCU is still partially a large cable company; they are not going to get to own that, own two networks (don’t forget about Telemundo), own a major movie studio, etc. and then buy WB.

Also, if WB Discovery are sincerely trying to sell the company, it’s going to get sold in the future with Discovery, not just the DC Entertainment part, or the Warner Brothers part, or the HBO part. It doesn’t make sense and would essentially leave a lot of money on the table, which makes sense given the losses and debt load.

1 Like