šŸ“ŗ Watch Party | Smallville S1 E1 Pilot ā˜„ | Saturday 10/16 @ 8 PM EST | Smallville Fan Club

I might break out my season 1 DVD of Smallville for the watch along since I donā€™t have Hulu right now. This was the show that made like Superman. I didnā€™t read comics at the time and watched this while it airedā€¦its my kind of soapy teen drama with superhero elements, which probably isnā€™t what some people wanted at the time but i was definitely drawn inā€¦

I um sort of quit the show after Lana left for good. Oof :weary:

But I did see some later episodes. Due for a rewatch

4 Likes

Pop that DVD in! Itā€™s the best way to watch! Weā€™re going full spoiler free for the new fans so they too can enjoy the soapy teen drama + meteor freaks for the first time! lol

5 Likes

1 hour till showtime folks! Take a second to review the rules at the top of the post!

#1 NO SPOILERS ALLOWED! We have lots of new fans who will be watching for the first time so letā€™s let them be surprised!

#2 you must have Hulu or own season 1 in order to watch. Smallville is not available on HBOmax.

#3 have fun in celebrating 20 years to the date since this episode premiered!

4 Likes

So glad Smallville got such love at Fandome today! It was THE. S#@!% back when it started. A mind blowing premise, executed well, cool castā€¦EVERY episode had Ana amazing soundtrack. And it really was at a time when it was still new to see live action superheroesā€¦ SO great to return to it! Remembering so many moments - and there are some that have stuck in mi d all through these yearsā€¦ :man_superhero:. Curious what moments stand out to you all as we rewatch.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I canā€™t find my DVD box set. So it looks like I will be out for this particular watch along :sob:

3 Likes

Lex must have hid it from you! Keep looking for it and hopefully you can join us in the future! Feel free to check out the rest of the club threads where spoilers are allowed if youā€™d like to take a trip down memory lane!

3 Likes

Seriously the music in this series is out of this world! I had to make a thread just for music!

3 Likes

Less than 30 minutes till our space ship crashes in Smallville! :rocket:

3 Likes

Right?!? I remember when it was on that there was a site (wow 20 years ago now haha) that would list the songs after each episode. Wowā€¦funny to think that was a time without easy access to digital music.

3 Likes

[1989]
Reaganfan78: What a beautiful day in Smallville, what can go wrong? GO CROWS! Hey Mr. & Mrs. Kent, Hi, did you guys catch the new Batman movie? It was so awesome! Batman got a cool Batmobile and The Joker, heā€™s more scary then the TV show guy!
Jonathan: Nope we havenā€™t, glad you enjoy the movie. We saw Field Of Dreams a few month ago where a Farmer made a Baseball field.
Reaganfan78: Sound really boring.
Jonathan: Give it a chance, you might like it.
Reaganfan78: Ok have a great day.
(Hour later)
Reaganfan78: The more I think about the movie Mr. Kent said, the moreā€¦ Whatā€™s that in the sky? OH MY GOODNESS!!!:open_mouth:
:comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet::comet:

2 Likes

:flushed: You got me again @ManOf78ThousandUsernames I thought you were new again lmao Would you care for a narration again today? I think your memory is a bit off, probably from getting hit one to many times with those space balls.

3 Likes

Ahhh the times of Napster lol I do have to say the Smallville Wiki seems to have collected at least the list of songs and there are tons of Spotify playlists too! Still, not the same as the good ol days of 2001

2 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™m good.:grinning: I will be changing my username for 1 last time next week before I go back to Reaganfan78.:grinning:

2 Likes

Okay, got it set up on my end ā€“ Iā€™m on Hulu, so it should be interesting to see how this works with the ads. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Oh I remember Napster! Remember Quicktime? That was terrible, videos take forever to load!:laughing:

2 Likes

Oh I remember.

3 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

They should wave all ads for Smallville today! Itā€™s practically a international holiday!

3 Likes

Wow, ReaganFan78 is getting sneaky. I did not see that 78!

4 Likes

Enterprise also turn 20! That was a great show as well.:grinning:

2 Likes