📺 Watch Party | Smallville S1 E1 Pilot ☄ | Saturday 10/16 @ 8 PM EST | Smallville Fan Club

Welcome to the very first Smallville Fan Club Watch Party Event!

Each Saturday at 12:00 AM we will host a Watch Party for each episode of season 1! Find the full schedule here!

When: Sunday, October 17, 2021 12:00 AM

What: Smallville - Season 1, Episode 1: Pilot :comet:
Hulu/iTunes/YouTube/Google Play/Vudu/Amazon Prime

Synopsis

The high school football team target Clark as the annual “scarecrow” and tie him to a post in Riley Field for a hazing ritual. Jeremy Creek, a former “scarecrow”, seeks revenge. Chaos ensues…can Clark save the day?

Cast & Crew

Director: David Nutter
Writers: Alfred Gough, Miles Millar

Cast:
Tom Welling Clark Kent
Kristin Kreuk Lana Lang
Michael Rosenbaum Lex Luthor
Eric Johnson Whitney Fordman
Sam Jones III Pete Ross
Allison Mack Chloe Sullivan
Annette O’Toole Martha Kent
John Schneider Jonathan Kent
John Glover Lionel Luthor
Sarah-Jane Redmond Nell Potter
Adrian Glynn McMorran Jeremy Creek
Jade Unterman Young Lana Lang
Malkolm Alburquenque Young Clark Kent
Matthew Munn Young Lex Luthor
Dee Jay Jackson Bill Ross
Alvin Sanders Dale Ross
Steve Bacic Frank
Justin Chatwin Teen Jostled by Whitney
Wendy Chmelauskas Laura Lang
Ben Odberg Lewis Lang
Jay Kirby Former Jock #2
Amy Esterle Heike
Miranda Cosgrove Lana Lang - Age 5 (voice) (uncredited)
James Ralph Factory Worker (uncredited)

We will keep track of all the unconscious characters and ruined vehicles to add to the Smallville Incident Report!

Rules:

1. SPOILER FREE WATCH PARTY! — Let’s live in the 2001 moment and pretend we’ve never seen the rest of the series so our new fans can enjoy like we did after surviving Y2K. Please do not post any spoilers about the future of any characters or plotlines during this event.

2. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a way to access the episode and a DCUI membership to interact during the watch along.

3. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; your phone or computer for comments, and the big screen for viewing.

4. 3, 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action - we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

5. LET THE CREDITS ROLL – Who would want to skip that Remy Zero anthem anyway?

6. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the timestream you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute.
    For example, it it’s XX:15pm then we are 15 minutes into the episode.

Are you a seasoned Smallville fan and want to discuss this episode including spoilers? Visit our other club discussion threads anytime to chat about this episode in the context of the entire series run.

Looking for more Smallville content? Join the Smallville Fan Club and get notified about our club activities!
Smallville Fan Club Logo TP

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to this! :hugs:

I recently rewatched the pilot a month or two back to begin my own re-watch of the show, but then the super Smallville Fan Club came about, and made me hold off on said re-watch, in favor of re-experiencing the whole shebang among my fellow fans instead.

Now that the time to begin is finally nearing, :notes: “I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it!” :notes:

3 Likes

Cool! I can’t guarentee that I’ll be here every week (hell, I’ll only be here on this one because I took time off work for FanDome :sweat_smile:) but I’ll definitely try to be for the start. :smiley:

3 Likes

No worries! You can always follow our schedule on a different day of the week and leave your thoughts on the episode in each thread. As long as you don’t post prior to our WAL and spoil anything :stuck_out_tongue: We would love to hear your thoughts!

2 Likes

Hmm, that’s not a bad idea – though I don’t think I can do post after post because there’s a limit to how many posts you can make in a row in a thread. Maybe I can just put my thoughts in one post? I could maybe do that for other WALs I missed too… :thinking:

4 Likes

Looking forward to this! October 16 is going to be a very busy day!:smiley:

4 Likes

It’s going to bursting with Superman-related WALs, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

@Jurisdiction make sure to bookmark this one! We’re starting this Saturday! :grin:

2 Likes

alright

3 Likes

Saturday is almost here! Let’s get an idea of what our audience looks like!

Have you watched Smallville?
  • Watched it? I can practically act it out by memory at this point! I’m a “season”ed professional.
  • I watched it back in the day on the WB Network! I was a fan before it was cool and I’m looking forward to refreshing my memory!
  • I’ve recently discovered it and I’m working through the series now!
  • I’m fresh out of the cornfield and this will be my first time introduction to the show!
  • I’ve never finished it! 10 years is a long time!
  • Other: Tell us how Smallville fits into your world in the comments below!

0 voters

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to watch it for years, but just got Hulu now. Now I’m on season 6 soooo

3 Likes

:rofl: yea I did the same thing! I was staying up late flying through the series lmao

3 Likes

I watched some of it, but not all of it. I got in a couple of seasons in and stopped watching consistently a couple seasons before it ended. I do remember coming back for certain episodes that had big guest appearances, specifically the JSA.

3 Likes

Yo those episodes were so well done! We will have to do a watch of them at some point for sure.

3 Likes

I’m here and the WAL for S1 E1 of Smallville is finally today!

This show came along at a time in my life when I was too busy with everything else. I didn’t watch it then and have never gone back to watch it since so I am fresh out of the cornfield, as the poll says. I’ve never seen an episode and remember nothing of the show at all so I am really looking forward to these watchalongs and getting to watch it with a bunch of people who are DC fans like me.

Going to get some sleep now before FanDome, then a nap and then I’ll be back on here ready to hit play with y’all!

3 Likes

Well greenhorn, we are beyond excited to introduce you!!!

2 Likes

Today’s the day! :partying_face: :batparrot: :superman:

4 Likes

…and I just had to walk away from DC FanDome to avoid Smallville spoilers twenty years after the show premiered! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey @Bar-El and everybody, hope you guys got to watch DC Fandome, they had a nice tribute of Smallville, celebrating 20 years! :smiley:

3 Likes

It. Was. Wonderful! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes