đź“ş Watch-Along đź“ş Swamp Thing S1 E02! Friday, June 7, @6pm PST/9pm EST

WARNING: Swamp Thing is rated TV-MA for harsh language, horror themes, and violence.

For those who joined us last week, you’re starting to get a sense of the wild ride you’re in for. Well friends, it’s only going to get spookier from here!

For those who have joined a Watch-Along before, you know the drill. For those who haven’t joined a Watch-Along before, there is no better time than the launch of our new green series!

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: SWAMP THING, S01 E02

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Swamp Thing on another screen to make it easier. So there, too.

When: Friday, June 2nd @6pm PST/9pm EST.

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

=========================

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access SWAMP THING.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.

4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, it’s it’s 6:15pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the episode.

5. CRISP, REFRESHING CHROME EXTENSIONS – If you’re having trouble keeping up with the comments (understandably), there are Chrome extensions out there that automatically refresh the page as often as you program it to. Worth a shot!

:seedling:The swamp calls to us- does it mean to help, or hurt? You’ll have to join us to find out!:seedling:

6 Likes

WooHoo! Can’t wait to get back to the Bayou with all my WAL’ers!

4 Likes

Spooky? Ruh roh!

I’m in =)

4 Likes

I’m conflicted! Do I watch it earlier, in the non-swampy daytime? Or do I watch it for the first time at the watch-along? Or do I become paralyzed by indecision and never watch it or move again?

2 Likes

@biff_pow Dr. SchwarzeFries says to take two doses of Swamp Thing every Friday. One early and one in the evening.

6 Likes

Can’t wait to join you guys on Friday. I haven’t been able to get my mind off the show since last week :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So excited so the next episode!!!

4 Likes

Freaking A guys, I’ve watched the episode 4 times already. Finally someone got his look right

5 Likes

I’m not a horror film guy but this one is well done! Intrigued as to what will happen next!

3 Likes

The premier was amazing. I’m so excited for the rest of the season. I just read Moore’s run and am currently reading Snyder’s right now. The swamp god is definitely one of my favorites. I really really hope the bring in all the supernatural stuff like Etrigan and Constantine. The body horror was so great. The scene in the morgue was to me clearly and homage to the de-fibulator scene in The Thing, and it looked phenomenal. Percent mixture of cg and practical effects. Keep it up guys.

Copy/pasting for mercy on my fingers!

We have posted an official response here in Watchtower:

In the interest of organization and to keep frequently asked questions visible in a single source of truth, please post any further concerns or questions you have in the above thread.

2 Likes

I know a lot has happened today in terms of Swamp Thing, but is anyone else just really excited for episode 2 this Friday?

3 Likes

Looking forward to tonight!

2 Likes

3.5 hours to go~ Not sure if I’ll be able to join tonight or not, my other friends usually want to do stuff right around this time on Fridays. What’s everyone else up to today?

1 Like

Shoot! I just realized that I am going to a show tonight that interferes with this time. I’ll have to join in next week I suppose. Wish you all good luck in your travels through the Bayou?

2 Likes

Meant to do an exclamation point, not a question mark. Side note: can’t wait until Community 2.0 :smiley:

2 Likes

I won’t be able to make it today have, but be on the look out for my review which will upload Sunday.

Enjoy the episode to was good!:+1:

2 Likes

Hey friends! Ready to hop back to the Bayou for a spell? We;ll be heading out in 30 minutes!

2 Likes

You’ll be missed @megageek, but looking forward to that review!

2 Likes

iJest - you’ll be sorely missed as well, if you don’t make it!

2 Likes