WATCH-ALONG! SWAMP THING Episodes 2 & 4 FRIDAY, October 23rd @5PM PST/8PM EST

This week, we’re diving into the powerful series SWAMP THING! The first episode is definitely worth a watch, but this week’s episodes were selected for their skin-crawling, jaw-dropping moments of sheer terror! In episode 2, Jason Woodrue makes his first appearance, and Abby visits the swamp to learn more about Alec’s “accident”. We then jump to episode 4 to learn about Abby’s haunted past and spend some time with our friend the Blue Devil.

Beyond The Watch-Along:

This week we’re pairing up with the inimitable DC History Club, who is doing their own deep dive into all things Swamp Thing, from their first appearance through Alan Moore’s transformation of Swamp Thing’s identity, all the way into the character’s modern telling by Tom King. Supplemented with polls, interviews, and analysis, this is one swim through the swamp you won’t want to miss!

Please read on below to prepare yourself for how this works:

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: The DC Universe Original Series, Swamp Thing

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching justice Constantine on a big screen. So there, too.

When: Friday, October 23rd starting at 5p PST/8p EST
Episode 2: 5p PST/8p EST
Episode 4: 5:50p PST/8:55p EST

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below! :point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Swamp Thing.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

4. CREDITS MUST ROLL - Please do not skip the opening or end credits so we all stick together. Anyone lost in the Speed Force, just let us know!

5. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 5:15 pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

We’re so excited to hang out in the proverbial living room with you and Swampy! :seedling:
Long Halloween Cat

6 Likes

Swamp Fact The House of Secrets: The original Swamp Thing ‘pilot’ appears in House of Mystery #92 (1971) with a short story featuring a swamp monster revenge story. Set in 1905, it would provide the template for the launch of Swamp Thing a little over a year later. The model for the Bernie Wrightson young woman on the House of Mystery #92 is none other than Superman writer Louise Simonson.

6 Likes

‘swim through the swamp’ I’m so jealous I didn’t come up with that line.

5 Likes

I’m so glad that more people are getting to see this show now it’s airing on the CW, even though it’s an edited version, it’s better than nothing.
You never know maybe there’s still hope for a season 2.

6 Likes

Season 2 would be nice, also would take Swamp Thing, Abby and Constantine in JL Dark.

5 Likes

Hope @Alec.Holland will join us for the watch along!:grinning:

2 Likes

Hey there :eyes:

As a one off this week, as it’s Swamp Thing, I’ll actually be hosting the WAL with you all :slight_smile:

Bring your popcorn and a dry towel, it’s gonna get swampy!

4 Likes

Jumpy up & down in a swamp
Yes! Alright!:grinning: I can—
Trip over into a swamp!
:man_facepalming:Now I’m soakin wet!
:swimming_man:‍♂See you Friday!
Swim Away.

2 Likes

Less than 48 hours to go! I hope you’re all prepared for some spooky scenes and a deep look into the darkness of Miss Arcane’s past :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Returning to the swamp…
Well we’ve got less then 24 hours to go. Brrr this swamp area is sure spooky!
Hello? Anyone here? @Alec.Holland? Abby Acrane?
See Swamp Thing!
giphy
Ok this is too much! I’m ready for the watch along @Alec.Holland!:grin:

2 Likes

@Reaganfan78

It’s been great having you
Over at
@msgtv topic

Which is all Swamp Thing
All the time

Everybody is welcome

4 Likes

Thankyou.:slightly_smiling_face: I had not watch episodes 2 & 4, so I hope it’s good.

3 Likes

Great acting plot story
And suspense

I wonder
f it’s just my bad vision
But they spent millions
on the sets
And it looks very murky
With night scenes
Even when i turn off the lights

Anybody else
Have that problem?

4 Likes

Depends on which tv I use. The 4K looks great even in the dark scenes, but anything else the dark scenes are difficult to impossible to see what’s actually going on.

4 Likes

Just over 30 short minutes to go. Time to get your popcorn poppin’, grab your sodas, hit the bathroom and get cozy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Alec.Holland, have you watch Swamp Thing when it first premiere on here last year?:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I did! I watched it on Prime when it came out. It’s been a while though, so I’m excited to relive it with you!

2 Likes

Has anybody ever play Red Dead Redemption 2? One of the scary part about walking in the swamp, is you never know when you might get attacked by Alligator!:scream::crocodile::crocodile::crocodile:

1 Like

Alligators aren’t the scariest thing in this swamp.

1 Like

I think the first time I’ve ever heard of Swamp Thing when I was a kid, was seeing a cartoon commercial for toys, I thought it was weird but interesting, didn’t know at the time he was a DC comic hero.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like