WATCH-ALONG! Doom Patrol S2, E9 FINALE! Watch-Along! THURSDAY, August 6th @6PM PST/9PM EST

This is it, folks - the Season 2 Finale! That means we have one final flashback to the previous episode to go. So, let’s do this!

Last episode was so jam-packed with activity that we’ve got an oversized suitcase to unload.

While Niles is trying to spend more time with his little girl, Dorothy is becoming a woman. Scared out of her mind in a convenience store, we meet the real hero of the episode - the gas station attendant lady.

Speaking of daughters, Cliff is showing his daughter, Clara around Doom Manor in the most charmingly awkward way.

Meanwhile, we have a new power-duo: The Beekeeper & The Borg”. And their montage is everything!

Finally, we are at a fair and we all know nothing good ever happens at a fair. This is no exception as Dorothy’s mother appears as a hallucination and tells her, “It’s time” and suddenly everything starts melting like ice cream on a hot, summer day.

So what’s gonna happen now? How is our illustrious team of weirdos going to stop this new apocalypse?

Gotta watch to find out!

Please read on below to prepare yourself for how this works:

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: Doom Patrol Season 2, Episode 9

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Doom Patrol on a big screen. So there, too.

When: Thursday, August 6th, starting at 6p PST/9p EST

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Doom Patrol.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 6:15 pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

We’re so excited to hang out in the proverbial living room with you all and watch the events of these character-studded shows unfold!

13 Likes

Can’t believe it’s the last one already!

12 Likes

Hoot! Hoot! The WAL is a bit late for me, but maybe I can somehow, someway stay up to play with all of you! You amazing fantastic Super Fan Friends! Stay Safe & Take Care!

2 Likes

Is this the finale as was originally planned or is it the finale because Covid stopped filming? It’s weird for it to have so few episodes and honestly I already watched it. … while a good episode…it definitely doesn’t feel like a finale

3 Likes

I believe it was shortened due to the pandemic but I haven’t seen any sources about what exactly was changed.

Gonna try to make tonight’s WAL! I just got caught up.

1 Like

I’m so excited. I love this show. Hope you lot are staying safe :pray:

3 Likes

I read an interview that Abigail Shapiro did, and she said that they had filmed one other episode, but it was cut short due to the pandemic. So they didn’t get to finish. Cause this finale does not feel like a finale at all.

2 Likes

I’m crying :sob:

4 Likes

Oh man between this and Stargirl, it looks like it will be a while till the next WaL. :cry:
I promise I wont go the way of Kermit :laughing:

Too Dark?

4 Likes

Gotta end it with a bang!

2 Likes

30 minutes to go!

4 Likes

Well. :neutral_face: Not only did my rewatch to fill in the blanks NOT happen this week (WALs are HARD y’all!) but I also can’t stay. Everyone enjoy, and have a great weekend. :purple_heart: Take care.
Ps. Hi @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell! I’m formally inviting you to BoP on the 17th. Ok bye. :grin:

4 Likes

Hello there fellow Doom Patrol Watch-Along folks! :wave: :sunglasses:

I’ll be in the background for the first bit as I might have my hands full of snacks aka dinner… :sweat_smile:
Definitely looking forward in seeing how this concludes the season! :superman_hv_4:

1 Like

Have a good weekend @Razzzcat! :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

Actually, @Aquamon, we’ll be continuing the tradition of the Friday night WALs, starting in just a couple weeks with a Jonah Hex WAL!

And a WAL every Friday after that - sometimes movies, sometimes shows, but always FUN!

6 Likes

We’ll miss you tonight, @Razzzcat!

PS - I’ll definitely try to join, at least for a little while, on the 17th! :green_heart:

1 Like

Enjoy your supper! We’ll be here when you get done :grin:

2 Likes

B-but… it’s the last episode @Razzzcat

2 Likes

I totally forgot to set my alarm, but thankful that there’s another WAL for Jonah Hex. I’ve never seen it, so I’m excited to watch it for the first time with other fans.

1 Like

Hey there @ibleedgalaxies! So happy to have you back in the Community!

You’re not late for this WAL - perfectly on time!

And, yes! It’s been so long since I saw Jonah Hex, so I’m super excited to host a WAL for it!

3 Likes