WATCH-ALONG! Doom Patrol S2, E5 Watch-Along! THURSDAY, JULY 9th @6PM PST/9PM EST

WATCH-ALONG! Doom Patrol S2, E5 Watch-Along! THURSDAY, JULY 9th @6PM PST/9PM EST

No one parties like Danny the Street…Brick…Tire and the Dannyzens! And, like Dorothy, last week, we got to party with them!

And, man oh man, was it some party! We had Flex helping Rita get past her “block”, but instead loosed a sex demon named Shadowy Mister Evans (no, that’s his real name, promise!) and he came complete with a periscope on the top of his head.

Problem is, Shadowy Mister Evans is now pregnant with a demon baby whose cry will wipe out all children everywhere.

No need to fear - Hammerhead is here! But not for hugs, definitely not for hugs.

The real question is - after all of THAT, how can we top it this episode?

Gotta watch to find out!

Please read on below to prepare yourself for how this works:

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: Doom Patrol Season 2, Episode 5

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Doom Patrol on a big screen. So there, too.

When: Thursday, July 9th, starting at 6p PST/9p EST

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Doom Patrol.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 6:15 pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

We’re so excited to hang out in the proverbial living room with you all and watch the events of these character-studded shows unfold!

7 Likes

It’s definitely apparent that the main villain in this show is The Candlemaker, for its quite obvious that Niles didn’t leave Dorothy with Danny to imprison her, it was to imprison The Candlemaker. Perhaps he hasn’t thought of a way for him to remove The Candlemaker without it killing more people, so no doubt with final episode it’ll involve a major fight against him.

4 Likes

Loving this season so far! Can’t wait to watch this episode :grin:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Thought I was going to be able to be on time for this, but I am NOT. Looks like I’ll be doing more :eyes: out of context reading & giggling because I can only imagine what glorious weirdness is unfolding. :tada:
See you tonight, everyone!

5 Likes

Looks like I might be in the same boat! Gonna try to make it on time tho!

3 Likes

Just a little over 30 minutes until curtain call!

3 Likes

I will not be able to make it tonight… Not feeling well at all, and I won’t be focused on enjoying the show with everyone! So sorry!!

3 Likes

I actually just finished watching the episode. Holy crap is not an exaggeration. Doom patrol seriously is probably the best show on TV, and where are the ones who have known about it for more than a year.

3 Likes

Alrighty, all set.
Watching s2e1 again right now. Shrunken life is so nuts.

2 Likes

Hello everybody, while I’m Not watching, I’m just curious, I notice there was a mention for Baby-Doll in this episode, Is Baby-Doll from Batman the animated series is really in this episode?

3 Likes

Not the same character, unfortunately! Baby Doll is one of Jane’s personalities.

4 Likes

Oh no, @BatmanMazz! I’m so sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon. You’ll be missed! :green_heart: :green_heart:

3 Likes

Oh, ok. Thankyou, I was just wondering. Have fun watching the new episode.:grinning:

5 Likes

Thanks! Have a great night! :penguin:

3 Likes

Less than 10 minutes to go! Get those drinks and snacks - we’ll be counting it down soon!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Good evening everybody! Hello PPB!!! How’s it going?

4 Likes

I’m so excited for this WAL, I’ve already seen it

2 Likes

Hey, @iJest! Doing pretty good! How’s everything with you?

3 Likes