đŸ“șWatch-AlongđŸ“ș Doom Patrol S1 E09! Friday, April 12th, @6pm PST/9pm EST

WARNING: Doom Patrol is rated TV-MA for harsh language, brief nudity, and violence.

It’s hard to think about, but we’re already halfway through Doom Patrol. If you haven’t joined a Watch-Along, you’re missing out on the best way to experience the show- with a bunch of other weirdos!

For those who have joined a Watch-Along before, you know the drill. For those who haven’t joined a Watch-Along before, this is a great way to enjoy the collection of the strange and wonderful characters that only Doom Patrol could bring us.

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: DOOM PATROL, S01 E09.

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching DOOM PATROL on another screen to make it easier. So there, too.

When: Friday, April 12th, @6pm PST/9pm EST.

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

=========================

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access DOOM PATROL.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.

4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, it’s it’s 6:15pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the episode.

5. CRISP, REFRESHING CHROME EXTENSIONS – If you’re having trouble keeping up with the comments (understandably), there are Chrome extensions out there that automatically refresh the page as often as you program it to. Worth a shot!

Let’s all gather 'round the VCR, pop in a dusty VHS, and get ready to see what happens on the next episode of
DOOM PATROL!

9 Likes

This is the best part of my Fridays!

12 Likes

I think I’ll try Picture in Picture mode (resized) on my Chrome Browser for viewing the episode and have the forums page maximized.

That way I only have to look at one screen tomorrow.

2 Likes

I start my night shift an hour before these events. I wish I could participate at least once

5 Likes

I just read a very spoilerific article in which Diane Guerrero talked about this episode, what it’s like playing all of Jane’s different personalities, and mental health issues. I won’t link it here, but if I remember I’ll throw it into the spoiler thread tomorrow. It just really pumped me up for this episode. I can’t wait to see all of this at play.

@GodOfMugs, that sucks :frowning: I can sympathize. I’ve had some real cruddy schedules over the years. I used to work Wednesdays-Saturdays which basically obliterated any plans to do fun stuff. I did the night shift last year. I missed a lot of stuff just because things aren’t normally designed to support people who sleep during the day. I know how that goes.

2 Likes

@GodOfMugs How about joining in on a SMC? Could that time/day work?
I am hoping to make it to the DP WAL tonight. Although, working extended hours this week myself
 So, it might not get to happen tonight.
I hope there is a SMC WAL tomorrow morningish
 [Dashes off to look for it] That would be a well deserved work break for me. Have a Super Day Super Fans! :woman_superhero:

1 Like

@toonatonian, unfortunately with the big changes happening in comics this month, we’re all taking some time from the normally scheduled activities to focus on making sure we’re helping the teams organize the issues being released. But they will return soon!

1 Like

It’s coffee time. :coffee:

2 Likes

Sadly i work fridays but i do tune in every morning before work just so i can start my day right

2 Likes

Sorry to miss you, @MillaDMac. Be sure to let us know what you thought when you have a chance!

1 Like

In the meantime, :coffee:

2 Likes

Super excited for tonight!

1 Like

@RollingThunder06, same! I wish I could have made it last week, I loved that episode :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m currently working on condensing the comics we’re releasing into a (relatively) user-friendly list. My eyes are bleeding.

Have no fear, I’ll be here!

2 Likes

Yaaay!

1 Like

I haven’t seen the episode yet. I’m counting down the minutes!

2 Likes

@applejack can’t wait to see the list!!

I had a feeling that’s why the list was taking so long to come out!

1 Like

@Applejack thank you for making a better list!

2 Likes

@Applejack I missed last week too😞 But it was a great episode!

1 Like