WATCH-ALONG! DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse 8+ Hour Marathon Saturday, September 12th @10:00am PT/1:00pm ET

And then they got married… jk

5 Likes

max fleischer is still my favorite superman cartoon

4 Likes

“Did you know there are fan communities you should totally come hang out in?”

9 Likes

How I built my comic collection: I used to thumb through longboxes of comics looking for ones with the Joker on the cover :joy_cat: And the majority of them came from my local comic book shop, not the internet. A lot have been in storage since, or stacked in my apartment so they’re all still in pretty good shape.

6 Likes

I rarely can bring myself to buy comics that aren’t New Teen Titans. They just get too pricey. I have a decent job now so I’m trying to support more of the series I love

4 Likes

That’s similar to my story- my brother had a big collection and I got “comfortable” with issues that way. I take pride in my issues only comic from shops or cons- the hunt is the fun!

5 Likes

Totally fair- plus those covers are gorgeous.

3 Likes

The one comic I’m on the hunt for is Crisis on Infinite Earths 4. I have the other 11 issues.

3 Likes

I also get a bunch of free comics because a friend in my comic club works at a local comic publishing compan—dID SHE JUST MENTION TEEN TITANS??

5 Likes

Are those expensive?

I’m trying to fill in some gaps for Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing.

2 Likes

KINDRED!

4 Likes

I started collecting because of Batman the Animated Series and the Tim Burton Batman films which were played so often when I was a kid.

7 Likes

Thats why i love this app, we get to go back and see issues and stories that we missed

8 Likes

Oooh, this guy’s a hustler!

3 Likes

I luckily managed to find all but the valuable 7 & 8, and 4 for $2 each. 7 and 8 are valuable. 4 isn’t special so not too valuable

3 Likes

Absolutely, and I think that it also motivates the practice of digitizing them more quickly (I like to think)

7 Likes

I just started reading and eventually had a collection. Now I mostly do digital as I don’t have room for anymore.

6 Likes

I’m guessing he doesn’t mean the Centers for Disease Control…

5 Likes

Do you ever think about selling your issues?

3 Likes

I love that now when you read “See last issue” or “*GL #106”, you can pause where youre at and just jump right into that issue. I love that

6 Likes