WATCH-ALONG! CONSTANTINE Episodes 2 & 4 FRIDAY, October 23th @5PM PST/8PM EST

Based on the wildly popular comic book series “Hellblazer” from DC Comics, seasoned demon hunter and master of the occult John Constantine is armed with a ferocious knowledge of the dark arts and a wickedly naughty wit. He fights the good fight - or at least he did. With his soul already damned to hell, he’s decided to abandon his campaign against evil until a series of events thrusts him back into the fray, and he’ll do whatever it takes to protect the innocent. With the balance of good and evil on the line‎, Constantine will use his skills to travel the country, find the supernatural terrors that threaten our world and send them back where they belong. After that, who knows… maybe there’s hope for him and his soul after all.

Please read on below to prepare yourself for how this works:

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:
Who: You, silly!
What: Constantine
Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching justice Constantine on a big screen. So there, too.
When:: Friday, October 16th starting at 5p PST/8p EST
Episode 8: 5p PST/8p EST
Episode 9: 5:50p PST/8:55p EST
Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.
How: Great question- read below!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Constantine

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

4. CREDITS MUST ROLL - Please do not skip the opening or end credits so we all stick together. Anyone lost in the Speed Force, just let us know!

5. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 5:15 pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

We’re so excited to hang out in the proverbial living room with you all and watch the events of this character-studded show unfold!
Long Halloween Cat

5 Likes

Hey sorry haven’t been able to join what’s up

1 Like

Sounds like fun :movie_camera: count me in :popcorn:

3 Likes

Constantine Fact The Newcastle Crew: Constantine’s formative experience as a magician came when his punk band Mucous Membrane hadn’t been paid for a gig. Returning the next day, he found a young girl, Astra Logue, the victim of a demonic cult and demon possession. Constantine and his crew of you occultists’ attempts to rescue the girl go terribly wrong. Astra ends in up Hell, and Constantine and his crew pay a heavy price in their future. Although connections among the Newcastle Crew are alluded to early in Constantine’s Swamp Thing run, the entire Newcastle tale isn’t told until Hellblazer #11 in November 1988 by Jamie Delano and Richard Piers Rayner.
Hellblazer 11 cover

4 Likes

Cool

1 Like

Fantastic fact shared, @msgtv! Constnatine’s always been a character I’ve wanted to dig deeper into the background of, and with that being on my reading list for the month, your pointing that out for us is much appreciated. It’s fascinating to hear about what led to him being such an interesting character. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@MissInkBlot

DC History Club
Is dking a double feature
This month

I am doing Constantine

While @msgtv has Swamp Thing

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/dc-history-club-muck-and-magic-double-feature-swamp-thing/1388709/71?u=turoksonofstone1950

3 Likes

Thanks, @TurokSonOfStone1950! I love when the clubs do double features like that. :heart_eyes:
I went ahead and added the WAL link to your Constantine thread, too, by the way! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not new to DC but I’m new around here. I sat in on the WAL last week and that was rather fun, so I’m back to give it another go! :smiley:

3 Likes

Yaay, welcome back @samhna16! Great to have you :heart: If you’re feeling saucy, we’d love to hear more about you in our Roll Call discussion!

1 Like

saucy? lol well goodness, what kinda personal facts are y’all givin out then? LOL

2 Likes

Good evening, all! :slight_smile:
Please note that the links to each episode have been added to the top post:

Stopping in to let you know we have:

2 Likes

Only the best kind, of course. :eyes: :laughing: Happy to see you, @samhna16! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is Constantine we’re talking about.

2 Likes

Sending your head’s up - 5 minutes til showtime! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m here

2 Likes

Hey @TurokSonOfStone1950! Good to have you for the evening! :slight_smile:
I’ve got one more minute to go!

3 Likes

Annnnd for those who’re ready… GO! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Nuns never looked like that
When I went to
Catholic Elementary School

4 Likes

Hello everyone. I’m ready to enjoy myself some Constantine.

5 Likes