Was "Superman vs. The Elite" (Film) removed from DC Universe?

I watched it on here the other day and now it’s gone?

Yes they removed it yesterday

1 Like

Yeah, it was on the list for leaving. Check the Watchtower for things coming and going each month. I did, and was able to watch it this week before it disappeared.

4 Likes

The Watchtower section is your friend.

All notices for coming and going content are posted in the Watchtower.

4 Likes

This is super dumb. I joined DC Universe with the expectation that all DC content would be on here eventually. This shouldn’t like Netflix where there are licensing agreements with end dates. I’d like someone actually affiliated with DC Universe to explain this. I realize there is a WB streaming service coming, where again all WB content should be there eventually; but since DC is owned by WB I can’t see why there can’t be some sort of sharing agreement here.

4 Likes

@mrc242, Your own expectations might’ve played against you, here. It was never stated that they were going to have everything on this service. Unfortunately we live in a time of licensing agreements and things have to get cycled in and out. I’m sure it’ll be back soon.

2 Likes

The movie Superman vs The Elite is gone, but the comic it is based on is still available here.

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/action-comics-1938-775/190d2bfd-443d-46bc-8b56-f2a411ab6305

4 Likes

@mrc242 I will be frank, you had unrealistic expectations and they never promised or advertised that. The fact it isn’t what you thought it would be without anyone telling you it would be that is not their mistake.

I do wish that they would put a notice somewhere in the movie description or on the thumbnail like they did with the Batman movies when they frist launched. Even if it was only a couple weeks early it would still keep less people from being caught off guard. But DCU never promoted itself as being everything DC, Disney+ will not have everything Disney ever and Warner streaming will not have the entire Warner library. For a variety of reasons those are not realistic expectations.

4 Likes

No streaming service can have everything just cost to matain the servers would make it so expensive yould have be a die hard fan to pay the fees they would have to charge. Plus with them rotating shows might see something old you missed. But if you want to rewatch the movie it is back on now.

1 Like

Unfortunately the movie is going to be removed again along most of the movies currently here.

1 Like

Only rotated out. The movies always come back.

1 Like