Warren Ellis to write to new Batman series

I’m hearing that Warren Ellis will be writing the new Batman series. I’m super excited about that! He’s one of my favorite writers, plus I think it’s a perfect fit. His style of storytelling is made for Batman. Who else agrees or feels otherwise?

6 Likes

I think he already wrote it and DC has just been sitting in it for a long time. Could be wrong though.

2 Likes

I don’t know. The Wild Storm was great, but I’m kind of done with him and superhero comics. There’s no way he can top Nextwave.

I’m really excited for this. Planetary is one of my favorite comics.

1 Like

Netwave

What a great comic

I just looked in my Nook app and have two volumes available for download already bought

I will have to revisit this Marvel series soon.

1 Like

It’s like Shakespeare

BUT WITH LOTS MORE PUNCHING

2 Likes

It’s like Goethe,

BUT WITH LOTS MORE CRUSHING!

It’s like Titanic,

But the boat’s still floating!

NO IT’S NOT! THE MOTHERF***ING BOAT IS EXPLODING!!!

NEXTWAVE!

Sorry, to anyone who doesn’t get the reference, follow this link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuosmf1_mKs

Also, read Nextwave!

I’m very excited about this series. Ellis did a short Batman: Black and White story with Jim Lee that I always found very interesting. Excited to see what he does with it.

2 Likes

That story as I recall is one of the freebies you can get on Comixology, or it’s on here on Batman: Gotham Knights #1. Another good story if you want more of Ellis’ Batman is the Planetary/Batman: Night on Earth one-shot, which is also on the site.

2 Likes

Transmet, here, at the top of the list…but a long list fulla good stuff. Or at the least WILD stuff worth checkin out, like doc sleepless…

1 Like

I’ve been reading his work on Wild Storm and I’m quite impressed. I’m invested and I know almost boring about the WIldstorm universe. That takes talent.

I look forward to seeing his work.

1 Like

Planetary/Batman is still one of my favorite crossovers, and I think hitch’s art is amazing, so I am excited. I just wish they could have put the story into the regular Batman title, after Tom King’s run. I still plan on reading it when it comes out, but I’ve met some folks who won’t bother. I found it was similar with white knight as well.

this would make sense didnt he create wildcats and they cancelled that?

My guess is that after Tom King’s more experimental and long-running Batman run, they might want something more standard and superhero-y for the main title, and this seems far more esoteric.