🚨Warning: Spoilers!🚨Young Justice: Outsiders Ep. 7-9 Reaction Thread

you got a baby in there

9 Likes

These Eps felt a bit weird & disjointed at times for me, but there was definitely still plenty to like! The super baby daycare was my favorite. I need to see them all (plus Damian, of course) on a team together in a future season, please! It was great to see Karen finally (was wondering why Bumblebee hadn’t made an appearance yet) and all the other parents (I hope we delve into Jade’s struggle more as well). Hard pass on whatever was being insinuated about Will & Artemis though…just…no. I loved seeing Tim & his squad as well, and can’t wait to see more of them, although I worry that this balancing act of so many characters may get to be too much by the time the season is nearing a close (i’m optimistic though, this team knows what they’re doing). I still don’t really trust Dr. Jace, and I’m not sure why I’m still supposed to care about her.

There’s just so much to unpack in every episode, I can’t wait to see what’s next!

2 Likes

OK, here’s my thoughts in list form:
-Overall, I’d agree that these are the strongest episodes thus far.
-Vandal Savage’s origin was interesting, yes, but felt like a bit long to spend on what’s basically a detour.
-Splitting the teams while remaining in coordination seems like a very effective formula to serve as a counter to the Light. Like some sort of Anti-Light Equation?
-That was a bad pun.
-I’m slightly angry at myself for not guessing that Granny Goodness was behind Goode World.
-In other news, the head of Goode World was… Dramatic sting GRANNY GOODNESS!
-Orphan is still a dumb codename.
-What’s with the sword?
-Even bearing those last two points in mind, YAY IT’S CASS! I’m guessing she’s not going to be that important, but it’s nice that she’s around, at least.
-Also feels weird to see her chopping up Clayface after Tynion’s Detective Comics, but I guess that’s Matt Hagen and not Basil Karlo.
-Alas, poor Ocean Master. We hardly knew ye.
-On the other hand, Shiva is appropriately awesome (and her apparent importance gives me a bit of hope for more Cass, but that would also feel like a rehash of Sportsmaster and Artemis’ dynamic). Are we to assume she’s in charge of the League of Shadows now? Or is Deathstroke running the show? Or somebody else? Until further notice, my money’s still on Kanto.
-With so many other Fourth World characters showing up, Mister Miracle and Big Barda’s absence is getting conspicuous. My guess is that our heroes will get captured by Granny and escape with their help or something like that.
-Then again, for appearing on all the promotional material, Katana has only gotten a very brief non-speaking cameo and I don’t think Metamorpho’s had even that much. Guessing that means there are important characters and plot threads we’ve yet to be introduced to.
-Lobo was rather underwhelming. I wanted to like him, but he just felt like another generic Light goon, especially if you compare it to his (significantly more whelming) DCAU appearances. Like, I get it, different shows, different tones, but this interpretation feels… flat.
-Forager is the best character.

2 Likes

OKAY…
So, this week was pretty good. I loved the name choosing scene, and the massive amounts of s’mores. Now I have a very big question. WHY IS BABS A SECERT FROM EVERYONE EXEPT AQUAMAN, WONDER WOMAN, MISS MARTIAN, AND THE BATS? Now some people think this means that she’s not a secret but, she totally is(Nightwing not telling people that she’s helping him co-run Dick’s team). I think the fact that Dick came at his team with a gun for training was hilarious. I was crying when I thought Forager was dead, which lasted for like a minute. Welcome to the faking your death club, little bug.

3 Likes

Oh, and I came up with a theory. So CLEARLY the Goode Goggles are evil(I mean, Granny Goodness), and who has a pair of Goode Goggles? Barbara has a pair of Goode Goggles. What if Granny uses the goggles to make something bad happen to Oracle?! Or Oracle will be the badass she is, and will notice something is off about the goggles. I will be very mad if the goggles are a repeat of the Reach Soft-drink, but it’s entirely possible. If I’m right this means Gar is evil, and that would suck.

2 Likes

This week’s ships:

1. DickBabs or Graybats- Nightwing and Oracle
  2. Dr. Lightning- Dr. Jace and Black Lightning
  3. Halon- Violet and Brion
    But we didn’t see any Bio-ger/ Foraship( Forager and Bio Ship).
1 Like

what about Garfeild

Actually, here’s another odd point: So, G. Gordon Godfrey is Glorious Godfrey. He’s a member of Darkseid’s inner circle and working with the Light. Gretchen Goode is not even subtle about being Granny Goodness. She’s a member of Darkseid’s inner circle and working with the Light. So… why’s Glorious G. Gordon Godfrey using that mesmerizing voice of his (Glorious Godfrey’s Godly Gifted Gab, if you will) to rail 'gainst Gretchen “Granny Goodness” Goode’s Goode Goggles?

Its going good. I hope Will/Old Clone Roy does not want Artemis. The whole, everybody hooking up, Batgirl falling for every Robin, Starfire’s ass with the Outlaws? The Kiliing Joke movie… Yuck. Batman needs to understand that Babs is his guys young daughter!

1 Like

When I saw ocean master I thought we were finally going to find out how he was “disgraced”. Then Shiva just lops his head straight off, I thought that was crazy!

3 Likes

Loving YJ S3! Never post but so excited to see where this is all headed. I loved the twist and turns of previous seasons. Seeing all the next generation come together was awesome. So much awesomeness in these episodes so far. I’m really hoping we see some spinoff series based in the same Universe.

At the end of the evolution episode after Vandal Savage killed Olympia, he says something about Lagan and his funeral does that mean Lagoon Boy is dead? And is he a son of Vandal Savage

My thoughts are, we’re almost halfway and they’re still introducing new characters. It feels like they don’t really believe in what they’re doing. I also do not like Forager because he is just a replacement for Kid Flash. It also feels like they’re trying to give us a hybrid of season one and two. There’s also no sense of time, and I expected a little more composer from someone in line for a throne. So far it feels like a showcase for spin off shows. I’m down with all that if they bring back the quality. They can even up the price.

2 Likes

Vandal will never use the nuclear option because he’s played Injustice.

I do like how they made fun of the Batman vs. Superman argument.

I think they really need to start doing spin off shows. There are so many plot threads that one show can’t give them the attention they deserve. They should do a Bat Family spinoff show that focuses on all the stories about Spoiler, Cassandra Cain, Damian, Red Hood, etc. A Green Lantern show about all the other cosmic stuff out there that will have an impact on earth, the Guardians are one of most powerful forces in the universe, capable of opposing Darkseid. A Justice League show that’s more about their “regular” adventures and more universe building. And maybe a Suicide Squad show.

10 Likes

Been re-watching Season 3 all over with the newest recent episodes, and made me came to a theory that Halo might actually be inhabit by the soul of a Mother box.

From episode 2, we saw Superboy found a Mother Box taken apart, and felt sad for it; and also mentioned that it’s sentient.

Then episode 4, Dr Fate mentioned how Halo has an old soul in a young body.

Then lastly, in episode 6, Halo suddenly able to describe New Genesis in full details — without her knowing how.

12 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking.

I would say the plot is becoming very predictable and cliche especially the romance. I also don’t like how gore only happened when they kill Halo knowing that she can’t die. Like why is she always being killed but they others aren’t. Like are they that scared to show violence and death? I hope this doesn’t become a thing where only Halo or unimportant characters get killed.

4 Likes

I also hope Tim dumps Wondergirl and gets with Spoiler/Stephanie since that’s his actual gf in the comics

3 Likes

@ wordice.6786 as it should be, and while I know we’ll never get Steph-Robin, I’m hoping we’ll at least get Steph-Batgirl.

c’mon dad stay whelmed! Don’t call him dad! sorry spoilers.

8 Likes