Warners confirms DC Universe won't change

https://io9.gizmodo.com/warnermedia-s-newly-named-streaming-service-will-not-ch-1836219061/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Warner Bros confirmed to io9 that DC Universe will not change (at least, for now). The article said they reached out to Warner Bros about the potential overlap (since Doom Patrol is included in the HBO MAX trailer).

9 Likes

Thanks for the info!

Let’s hope this calms down some of the Chicken Littles… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Good news, I like Gal as WW and Momoa as Aquaman

1 Like

@Super-Squirrel, if we learned anything from the Swamp Thing debacle it’s that even with information like this, the Chicken Littles are still going to come out in force lol

2 Likes

My no-one-asked-for-my-two-cents, absolutely-no-idea-how-anything-works, how-about-we-all-just-calm-down prediction is… DCU original programming will debut here and then will also be available on HBOmax after the full season is complete.

7 Likes

Awesome.

1 Like

@Superby1

Yeah, you’re right. Even with reporting from multiple sources AND Applejack popping into the threads, the sky is still falling for some. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Oldmanjonah that makes sense. The question then becomes does that work in some form the other way? Batwoman or even Watchmen will the appear here after a delay?

‘at least for now’ that doesn’t sound like it covers once the hbo max service is active? i actually am hoping the services combine. hbo/crunchyroll/dc + all the other stuff would be such a great deal for $16-17 a month.

It makes sense to me for DCU content to end up on HBO eventually, the same way CW shows end up on Netflix. And I’m happy if it leaks out to the world at large who otherwise might not sign up for an exclusive DC service.

3 Likes

I am not satisfied…

Based on what?

1 Like

This makes me happy! Long live the DC Universe!

4 Likes

Given they say “the best of the best” or the like on the other channels/services such as TBS, TruTV, etc. I am thinking it sounds like it will have select offerings from other channels and services but not the whole library of each. But could be wrong.

2 Likes