Warner Media CEO Jason Kilar Updates Batgirl Film Status, New DC Film/TV Production Status

A little over a week ago on March 12th Warner Media CEO Jason Kilar showed a graphic in which all of the DC properties that are currently in production were featured:

I zeroed in on this:

BG1

:smiley: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl: :0_batgirl:

Read more about the WB Investor Day conference here-

12 Likes

Yeah, Batgirl is a movie that’s been in development for a while now. Initially it was with Joss Whedon writing and directing (dodged a bullet there), and now the script is being worked on by Christina Hodson of Bumblebee, Birds of Prey and The Flash fame.

5 Likes

@Jay_Kay- yep, I’ve been following the property’s development since it was announced. :+1:

5 Likes

I heard about those. Very awesome™:+1: and exited. :tada:

3 Likes

I’m glad that the “in development” state is confirmed, because I’ve heard rumors of one but I was always scared to get my hopes up because of how many movies are supposedly pitched and canceled and all that, or are just rumored. This honestly brings me joy, thank you @DC89 :bat:

2 Likes

fingers crossed it happens soon and is good

3 Likes

wb17 sp3

giphy

4 Likes

DC’s YouTube channel is celebrating Batgirl Week this week! Yay! :grinning: :0_batgirl: :0_batgirl: :0_batgirl: :purple_heart: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

7 Likes

I figure this would be the best place to put it.

So Joe Manganiello, who briefly played Slade Wilson/Deathstroke in Zack Snyder’s Justice League, has been talking about what the plans were for his character for a while now. He’s talked about having his own solo movie, as well as being the main antagonist of Ben Affleck’s The Batman project.

And on an interview with Comic Book Nation, he just casually dropped that not only was Batgirl going to be in The Batman, but play a major role, even being in the final fight.

Just…WHY AM I NOT WATCHING THIS MOVIE?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/mcchki/other_joe_manganiello_says_that_ben_afflecks_the/

5 Likes

I SOOOO wanna’ see my gurrrl up on that big screen! Yes! :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :0_batgirl: :0_batgirl: :0_batgirl:

5 Likes

Me too @TheWifeOfJasonTodd! :grinning: :hugs: #GirlBatsGottaStickTogether

2 Likes

Incoming bat hug!!!

:hugs:

3 Likes

:purple_heart: :smiley:

2 Likes

Any raven inside baseball/news updates about the Batgirl film? So excited for it.

1 Like

Nothing really. The script is still at the draft stage and I’m not sure if budget’s even been attached to it yet. No word on who will produce, direct, no casting announcements either. Still in wait and see mode.

1 Like

Are you feelin’ an origin story? Or should they just drop an audience right into the middle of the “universe” - kinda like in the Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai, sometime during Babs’ Year One period and just trust an audience’s intelligence and imagination to follow along?

I get all my hear it here first Hollywood news from Reporter89!

2 Likes

Barb def needs an origin story. A signifigant number of people inside the fandom along with a sizable number of those outside of it know who she is as Batgirl, but they don’t really know who she is. I say go with these two classics as the script basis…

… but set it within the Burnside timeline with Barb’s then awesome DIY look…

… then cast Lili Reinhart in the lead,

Christopher Meloni as papa Jim G.,

Chris_Meloni

Charlie Heaton as Drury Walker/Killer Moth,

and Yahtzee! You’ve got yourself a pretty spiffy BG feature. Mm hmm. :+1: :00_batgirl:

2 Likes

Glorious. Make it so! :white_heart:

And I love the Year One story.

1 Like

:smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Christina Hodson is becoming the David Goyer of the decade, being assigned to every DC project in sight, seemingly out of laziness. Birds of Prey turned out fine, but wasn’t evidence she needed to be assigned to every new franchise

1 Like