Warner Brothers Discovery To Partner With Disney On New Streaming Bundle

8 Likes

I’m hearing a lot of complaints about “it’s just cable all over again” and take it from someone who still has to pay cable…it’s really not. No contracts, can stop or pause at any time, no channels or anything you have to get with it…you’re getting exactly what you paid for.

I’m also seeing people say this is an opening salvo to Disney buying WBD, and that’s somehow even more laughable. The way the industry is going, it’s far, far more likely that Disney will be the one bought out, most likely by Apple.

10 Likes

I say its moving closer to cable but there are still benifits to streaming.

5 Likes

This isn’t surprising. Bundling is becoming much more common as a means for streaming services to survive. Heck, I seem to recall Prime Video has it to where you can add Max, Paramount+, and so on.

6 Likes

:+1:

Indeed. :+1:

5 Likes

Already have Max for a year, so this won’t work for me, maybe next year. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

This is kinda weird lol

7 Likes

The legacy entertainment world is circling the wagons. They blew off the tech giants’ foray into their turf ten years ago and now they’re paying the price.

8 Likes

I miss the good old days when Netflix had everything I wanted–pretty much every awesome sitcom (The Office, Always Sunny, etc.), every Star Trek show and movie, all the James Bonds, most DC content that was out at the time…

What a magical time.

6 Likes

They use to have silent films, and low price to subscribe, I really miss those.

5 Likes

Agreed.

6 Likes

I miss those days as well. It’s tiresome subscribing to multiple streaming services and even then not getting everything I want.

5 Likes

It is.

6 Likes

I just hope it is priced well. In the past cable could afford to subsidize smaller channels. As viewership became more atomized certain properties seemed over priced. ESPN could charge large fees because they covered live events that weren’t available anywhere else. I’m not a sports fan so this could be a great bundle that isn’t high priced because no sports. We’ll see.

6 Likes

Ugh streaming sports. I have an MLB TV subscription and I can’t watch local teams because the owners promised exclusive broadcast rights to cable companies and those games are blacked out (even when they are away games or for a team more than 8 hours away). It’s so backwards.

7 Likes

I just go to the library for what I want that is not on Max.

8 Likes

Batman goes to the library? Don’t you already have a library in your mansion?

6 Likes

I go to the library and use my own library.

8 Likes

vandal savage has the mansion right now i think

7 Likes

The modern historical picture books are getting many details wrong, like Alfred’s new daily naps.

7 Likes