Warner Bros Casts Leslie Grace As Batgirl/Barbara Gordon In New WB/DC Movie

Omg the videos in here, I have never seen before! It looks :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:ing great! #ReleaseBatgirl

3 Likes

The vid of Leslie of the bike is just :sob:

3 Likes

She is Batgirl!

3 Likes

She’s amazing and I pray to the Goddess we will see her greatness!

2 Likes

Such a slap in the face:

Warner Bros Discovery just released this statement: “The decision to not release Batgirl reflects our leadership’s strategic shift as it relates to the DC universe and HBO Max. Leslie Grace is an incredibly talented actor and this decision is not a reflection of her performance. We are incredibly grateful to the filmmakers of Batgirl and Scoob! Holiday Haunt and their respective casts and we hope to collaborate with everyone again in the near future.”

3 Likes

Clarity on what this means, how it affects movies, shows, and comics is something I hope they give us in the near future. We’ve been kinda rolling with random decisions and changes for years now as DC fans.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t count on this if I were WB/DC. “We just trashed all your efforts but please come work for us again.” :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

They took heat for micromanaging Suicide Squad and Justice League. The post-Justice League DC Films slate was comparatively unmolested, while almost every other WB movie got made with minimal public melodrama. However, Covid and demand for fresh HBO Max content returned the Snyder fanbase to the center of the DC narrative. Meanwhile, AT&T used WB’s 2021 theatrical slot as a loss leader for HBO Max. To be fair, save for Wonder Woman 1984; there were few commercial sure-things in that theatrical line-up. Moreover, Godzilla vs. Kong and Dune performed about as well theatrically as they otherwise would have. Nonetheless, Chris Nolan took Oppenheimer to Universal, and the “WB hates filmmakers” narrative got a boost.

3 Likes

Give it 5 or so years before making a judgment

That narrative is only gonna keep growing after this, and for good reason

3 Likes

:raised_hands:

2 Likes

The fact that Nolan took Oppenheimer to Universal kinda’ says a lot. He was more than likely (much more than likely) to have been privy to the Discovery take-over info before it hit the press. Again- says a lot.

I work PR for a living. I know preemptive damage control spin when I see it, and this copy certainly qualifies.

Yeah, so since I’m thoroughly disgusted still with Discovery’s decision on my gurrrlll’s movie and since I’m done with dancing around the 400 pound gorilla in the room charade I’mma just go ahead and speak on what I think was maybe not the primary (or at least will be claimed not to be primary) but indeed a very, very significant factor in the decision to cancel this film by the Discovery side of the office, a film that was essentially ready for distribution and then abruptly shelved.

Yeah, that’s right- I took it there. The summer of the sound of the funky drummer :fire: in my :heart_on_fire: forever.

Bad move Discovery. Not only have you damaged Leslie Grace :pleading_face:, but you’ve also possibly irreparably damaged my gurrrlll’s chances of ever getting a major feature debut in production for years to come. :angry: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

#ReleaseBatgirl

3 Likes

I think this is called a non-answer

3 Likes

I mentioned this in another thread. But Variety did a story on why Batgirl, the Scoob sequel and the other films and shows have been cancelled this week.

Apparently through some loophole due to them recently changing hands, they can cancel projects even ones finished but not released and put them down as tax write-downs. So Discovery went over everything and decided having it as a write off was less costly than spending money to finish, promote and screen or stream it, so they shelved it and did the write off.

The good news is apparently they can only do this until mid August, so anything not announced in a week or two should be safe. At least from being cancelled for this reason and from being an easy out after spending 10’s of millions of dollars.

The bad news is that apparently once they do it wiht a movie or show, they can legally never profit from said project. Meaning there will be successful save Batgirl campaign (or any of the things cancelled as a write off) or they will be breaking the law. So sadly it doesn’t seem like the movie will now ever see the light of day short of it getting leaked some day, but of course that would just be the unfinished version.

Really sucks.

1 Like

:00_batgirl1:

Word. :fist:t4: :triumph:
#RabbleRabbleSquad

2 Likes

At this point the studio doesn’t deserve to profit from it at all. I know it won’t get released as long as Zaslav is at the helm, but considering how many leadership changes WB’s seen in recent years and how much backlash this alone is getting, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him also leave after not too long. And a new regime would hopefully see finishing/releasing this and the Scoob sequel as the only real way to get back in fans’ good graces, even if they have to spend a ton of money to do so. I’d be curious if breaking the tax law in this instance would actually result in potential jail time for some of the execs or if they’d just have to pay some relatively high fines. If it’d be the latter, then it should very much be doable. Considering the studio is still worth billions and billions of dollars, I’m sure they’d still have the money to pull it off

2 Likes

xlgbgx
#leslie-grace #batgirl :purple_heart:

4 Likes

:pleading_face: :00_batgirl1: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

#SummerOfTheSoundOfTheFunkyDrummerEternal :fire: :heart_on_fire: :00_batgirl1:
#RabbleRabbleSquad :fist: :triumph: :muscle:

2 Likes

#BatgirlForever

2 Likes