Warner Bros. 100 Years

Me to. I like what there doing and I mean they have been interested in DC for years even before WB got them. I would at least like to see what they have in mind.

6 Likes

For curiosity sake I checked our early history, and it used to be Columbia who made our stuff. They did almost all our serials, my best buddy’s show, and the first ever superhero movie.

Spy Smasher was Republic Pictures. I think that means RKO at the time.

Paramount did my best buddy’s theatrical shorts.

Fox did my show.

The rest were animated shows I do not think were made by a major distributor.

6 Likes

So much has changed.

6 Likes

Well, as a long-time fan of the TV show, I am still ticked off about the first movie!

6 Likes

On the issue of WBD debt, it looks like they’re going to lose the NBA broadcast package, which as a fan I don’t like, but with the NBA asking $2.4 bill per year as a shareholder that seems wildly overpriced. Better to spend that paying down debt and on popular IP.

5 Likes

Since we have been complaining about Warner Bros a lot since Zaslav took over it made me wonder this. How much has your opinion of Warner Bros suffered since?

For me they were at second place in the studio wars. Now they are still at second place, but Columbia sees the jump to second is considerably closer now. What did you think would happen WB? You have the worst 100 anniversary logo, and Columbia has the best. I care too much about logos to let that go.

For what studio I give the most money to that is easily Warner Bros still. HBO Max is the only streaming service I pay for, and I have no interest in switching to Columbia by getting Netflix (at least not until they get exclusive Ghostbusters stuff). Outside of that I have paid to rent several of their DC movies, and since the pandemic I have seen more movies in theaters from them than any other studio. Granted they only have a 4-3 lead over Columbia, and I got one extra person to see a WB film. In contrast I got three others to see a Columbia film, and one of them brought her grandchildren with her.

Ironically other than the worst major studio the one I have paid the least amount of direct money to is my favorite studio (Universal), and the movie was bad.

Of course determining the real amount of money I have spent by studio is very hard thanks to home media, but I would think Warner Bros leads that since the complete Rankin-Bass Christmas collection is half them half Universal, and the DCUAOM bundle up to 2016 I bought for 50 dollars is all them.

So accounting for home media I think my ranking off studios based purely off how much I spend on them is

1- Warner Bros

2- Columbia

3- Universal

4- Paramount

5- Lionsgate

6- The company of Pure Evilness.

6 Likes

Judging by what streaming services I have and watch the most newish movies on WB hold a large lead. Paramount puts out fewer I look forward to, but they’re some really good ones. The only time I regretted not having Peacock was when Oppenheimer dropped, but it’s coming to Amazon this month so I’m fine.

6 Likes

My opinion of WB hasn’t changed a bit, even after the emergence of Palpatine as overlord.

I see WB and Discovery as two separate entities. Nothing will drive away my love for WB.

7 Likes

Warner Bros is for sure who I spend more money on.

6 Likes

Warner is still my favorite studio, but I have to admit much of that is due to DC and Looney Tunes. Max and Paramount+ are my only pay streaming services.

6 Likes

How the major studios look battling for my favoritism.

At the bottom Paramount proves that in a fight a mountain beats a castle by pure weight advantage. Inside of the castle a lamp shakes its head in disgust at having to carry this team of losers it got stuck with. Lucasfilm is panicking and burning the entire place down.

Above them the lady with the torch is trying to pierce through the WB shield, as the Ghost Corp logo tries to phase through them. Scooby-Doo frantically fixes the WB shield over and over. The shield is very grateful for Ted Turner.

Meanwhile at the very top a spinning Earth is looking down on everybody knowing none of them have a shot at taking its throne.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Evil. These companies do realize they can’t raise prices indefinitely, right?

4 Likes

Pure evil.

The company is $35B in debt but I don’t see how that’s our problem. It’s not our responsibility as consumers to pay down Palatine’s debts. Make better biz decisions- start producing product that creates actualized margin scale. Stop shirking responsibilities.

6 Likes

I think you can say it his responsibility to get us to pay off his debt. I view it as greenlighting the right projects as one success can pay off many failures and keeping the budgets manageable.

While I do not think he is doing a good job I really would not want his job. I know from researching movies how hard and thankless it is (everybody praises Zemeckis for Back to the Future. Nobody credits Frank Price who saved it from being scrapped and then saved it from being scrapped again. Nobody credits Frank Price for getting Ghostbusters made. I bet nobody here had any idea who he was).

I did not expect to miss our old AT and T overlords.

6 Likes

You happy now, Zaslav Palpatine? I mean, you got your wish- DCUI is shuttering in September. Whatcha’ gonna’ do to celebrate- buy yourself a brand new Bugatti? (Gawd what a stupid name for a car :roll_eyes:)

7 Likes

I think him and the gang are gonna go raze an orphanage.

4 Likes

Yep. And then after that he’s gonna’ write off all of the WB children’s educational programming. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes
5 Likes

I am honestly surprised it somehow survived getting axed by Fredo Zaslav!

3 Likes