Warlord Digital Version Commentary (Warlord #1 A Comparison Of Four Versions)

So, was this other Warlord a manga character? 627 issues, that’s Superman or Batman territory.

4 Likes

no not a manga
images
D. C. Thomson’s comic.

4 Likes

A British comic. That makes more sense since they do weekly comics. Easier to hit 627.

4 Likes

lucky British. I wish we got a comic a week.

4 Likes

Whats your favorite war lord comic @TravisMorgan

4 Likes

Be careful what you wish for. When Marvel ran out of Planet of the Apes material because of the weekly schedule they repurposed Killraven into ApeSlayer by redrawing the Martian characters into apes. Weirdly, there is a Warlord connection.

4 Likes

That does sound bad your right maybe one a month is better.

4 Likes

I love the first 15 issues before Vince Colletta started inking Mike’s work. Prior to that it was a single creator’s vision.

4 Likes

That is really cool he is such a good artiest.

4 Likes

I just finished issue 16 so I read all your favorite parts.
I saw the baby coming a mile away.

4 Likes

Obligatory plug: if you like the Warlord, his creator own series, Jon Sable Freelance is great. Action adventure in the James Bond tradition. You can find the trade paperbacks used at reasonable prices. Highly recommended, but I’m biased.

4 Likes

I have always loved Sable. I even watched the short-lived TV show, which was somewhat different from the comics.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I remember the Sable TV series. :man_facepalming: Not. Good.

4 Likes

If I had know about the Planet of the Apes thing, I could have asked Don McGregor about it last year.

He did tell me a lot of “Wow, I can’t believe we got away with this” stories about the stories. Probably why the stories still hold up well now.

4 Likes

Is warrior of worlds any good?

4 Likes

Yes, although it is in some respects dated.

I liked it so much I got a physical copy.

It is on Marvel Unlimited.

4 Likes

Killraven is great! It’s odd reading about the far flung future of 2017. :rofl: P. Craig Russell’s art really adds to the stories. The early issue without McGregor and Rusell are okay, but it really gets better as the series goes on.

Another great series is Black Panther by Don McGregor and Rich Buckler. Ahead of its time and dealing with issues of the time (1970s).

5 Likes

Just finished war lord 22 .I hope they add more soon. I also hope dc does some reprints I will get the comics at some point but I’m more of a trade reader. I always feel like I might damage the comics.

4 Likes

I also hope they continue adding more. If you look for “reader” copies of single issues you don’t have to worry hurting them. Check those dollar bins.

4 Likes

I went ahead a read the other warlord comics on here the art was way better in the first ones for sure. I do like that warlord was starting to crossover with the rest of dc as darkside was talked about a lot.

5 Likes