walmart giants...still no #4!!!!

Just picked up all 4 today in Maine

2 Likes

Thanks @chriscoyle70

2 Likes

Wow so all four number fours are in Maine!!! DC decided to put them all out at once!!! That is crazy , bat-crae crae!!!

3 Likes

I think theyā€™re hitting shelves now (10/27/18). I just got mine at Walmart last night.

1 Like

@jflow what part of the USA are you from? Thanks for the update Iā€™m starting to get encouraged now they might show up here in central New York.

1 Like

I got mine in Georgia today.

1 Like

Iā€™m beginning to almost believe itā€™s true that the number four issues really do exist.

1 Like

Found them last night finally

1 Like

Well Iā€™m going out today too a Walmart. I got to admit, I still donā€™t feel like Iā€™m going to find them where I am quite yet. Iā€™m out here in the middle of nowhere, and by that I mean driving distance to the Buffalo Bills stadiumā€¦

I havenā€™t seen any anywhere. They should have them at the comic book store.

They arrived in Central NY stateā€¦all 4. Nice Green Lantern Grant Morrison advertisement on the back family friendly

Donā€™t you love a happy ending?

during our live chat tonight on Discord DC Universe book club channel was shocked to hear that there are still several areas where Walmart does not have the comic books . thatā€™s a shocker there are lots available out there, I mean I know theyā€™re probably throwing out dozens of copies of this stuff.

all three stores in my area carry them; they donā€™t get the new ones in as quickly as some other areas, but Iā€™m staring at like six or seven copies of each issue for weeks, that then are replaced by the new issue and I know the other ones didnā€™t sell so this is all very mysterious.

Iā€™m thinking maybe theyā€™ll package them up later and sell like you know packages of four or five of these for a discounted price later

1 Like

I wanted the SWAMP THING 100-Page GIANT HALLOWEEN SPECIAL, & my wal-mart still doesnā€™t have it, they do have issue digest # 1 - 3 of all the other series , but still no #4ā€™s. Its 3 days after HALLOWEEN and the special still hasnā€™t show up at any wal-marts what is up with that. I just hope when the # 4s do drop the Swamp thing special show up with them.

Honestly this was a great idea in theory but in practice is horrible. Walmart doesnā€™t have a comic book shop mentality, and as such most locations will either not put out the new issue until their current stock sells, or will just remove them all together for not being popular enough. My local Walmart just removed them after a month of me waiting for #3 to be put out.

1 Like

Luckily Walmart isnā€™t in charge of stocking these. Reps from an outside distributor come in and stock the new releases; same as most everything else in the trading card area where these are (or should be, at least.)

They are in the trading card area? I never could find them was looking in the magazines. Will have to check again.

Incidentally I went to Wall-mart and asked about where the trading cards areā€¦ they said they donā€™t have any because no one buys them. So back to ā€œwhere the hell do they put the giant sizedā€ lol.

Itā€™s also where The Walking Dead action figures are

Iā€™ve gone to some stores that Iā€™d have thought were a lock to get these but no dice. The rule of thumb seems to be if a store has a trading card/older age toy (i.e. The Walking Dead, etc) section youā€™ll find these there. If thereā€™s no section for cards and the like, move onto the next store.