Walmart 100 Page Giants #5s

I got mine tonight so they are out there.

1 Like

Nice. That’s a nifty Thanksgiving eve bonus.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

BTW, is it all four books or just Superman and JLA?

2 Likes

All 4 :grinning:

1 Like

Hot diggity!

1 Like

Oh my gosh number five for all are already out I can’t believe I can’t believe it

2 Likes

Scored a set. My store had oodles of 'em. Thanks so much for the heads-up bloodviolet! =)

3 Likes

I was happy to see them and then again I wasn’t. For one I’m never sure I can trust DC when they solicit something… it’s like that date is more of a… “suggested” retail date. It feels like half the books I order get pushed back. [I’m sure it really isn’t that many.] For the other I hate it when they slam us with a bunch of books on the same week. Like when they put out a bunch of specials or annuls the same week, it just adds up quick.

When the Walmart books started, I think they emphasized them with a firm street date like the regular books. Over time, I’ve noticed that they added “Starting on” to the release date, so it is more of a general street date and not concrete like the regular books are. I expected them on the specific dates at first.

3 Likes

I actually preferred when they are rotated every two weeks you know being a little more fun since I got to be at Walmart anyway to shop

1 Like

I only found Superman and Teen Titans

2 Likes

@PeteyParker Ruh Roh! That’s not fun. :frowning:

I’m surprised they did all four at once again. Maybe the delay on the fourth issues backed things up and having all of the fifth issues out concurrently allows the production schedule to stay on track in some way?

On a different note, DiDio hinted on DC Daily a few weeks back that he thought a Flash book in this line could have potential. I’d like to see that, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam also. Coupled with the existing titles, you’d have eight books which would allow for a weekly release pattern of two books each week (for five week months, a special of some sort? Or just an off week). Good variety and keeps the readers coming back for more every week. Plus the tie-in opportunities for the Aquaman and Shazam movies are too good to pass up and there’s the next Wonder Woman movie in 2020 so it’d be a good eventual lead in to that as well as a good title to have in the line due to the character’s popularity.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Its interesting, if they do a Flash Giant I wonder what they will reprint in it? They’ve already been reprinting the New 52 Flash run in the Justice League of America Giant. I wonder if they’ll just do up to issue #8 and launch a Flash title with issue #9? And what would they likely reprint with it? What pairs well with The Flash?

1 Like

A Flash Giant was already announced a few months ago. There’s also another unknown title coming.

1 Like

I get Superman’s and the holiday specials…i get Superman’s because ive never really got his comics, im pretty match up to par with the other titles…I also love that Green Lantern and the Terrifics are in the Superman tittle. Im gonna dig in on the Christmas title in a bit.

1 Like

The Flash Giant was officially announced? Neat. I hadn’t heard of it being confirmed.

I agree that they’d drop Flash from the JLA title (whose space would then be occupied by…something else) and either continue it in his book or start with something from a different Flash series. It’d be neat to see Impulse be featured in Flash’s book. Maybe the digital TV show tie-in could be featured too.

1 Like

Man, I’m loving the Batman 100 Page Giant’s new story, but I hate that I have to drive clear across LA to try and find a copy every month. I live in Burbank, 5 minutes from a Walmart and 5-10 minutes from DC headquarters, so it feels pretty lame.

1 Like

Finally yesterday my area received the Walmart giant number fives!!!

1 Like