Wally West comics?

Hello, I am semi-new to the Dc universe. One thing I have learned is that it’s very confusing, for me at least… I am learning about a lot of hero’s individually, and right now I’m focusing on Wally West. I am having a very hard time learning about him as he has some different backstories, and he isn’t the only flash. I was hoping someone could help me with what comics to read to help me learn about this character?

2 Likes

The Flash (1987-) is the most significant Wally West series. That’s where you should start.

3 Likes

He also played a prominent role in Legends, which came out just before the 1987 series started.

Hey @GumGum, moved this over to to the “Comic Books” section for better visibility :slight_smile:

A very good one with Wally west, is the flash book 5 by geoff John’s. It really shows wally’s struggles as being the flash after Barry vanished in the crisis of infinte earths.

1 Like

But for starting @HubCityQuestion is correct… the flash (1987-) series is best to start.

2 Likes

I’ll third the 1987 Flash series. The first few years of it are sorely underrated.

Chunk is one of the unsung supporting characters in the Flash mythology.

3 Likes

I’ve been meaning to go back and read the first few years of '87 Flash, but Mark Waid’s run is absolutely brilliant, so it would be fair to skip ahead to that.

3 Likes

I would only add that both the 60s and early 80s Teen Titans also give you some good stories of Wally during his formative years.

1 Like

Mark Waid’s Flash run is the best. The highpoints include

Year One: Wally’s origin

The Return of Barry Allen: It’s not what you think.

The issues he did with Mike Wieringo tying into Zero Hour and introducing Bart Allen as Impulse

1 Like

Wieringo (or 'Ringo as he signed on his covers) is sorely missed. May he continue to RIP.

2 Likes

Wally is a sore spot with me because of the way DC has treated him in the last decade. But read the entire Flash Vol 2 run that is on this app and you will learn that Wally West is the greatest hero in the DC Universe. (And this is coming from the world’s biggest Superman fan)

3 Likes

Mark Waid’s Terminal Velocity storyline will give you a good feel for Wally’s powers, the Speed Force, and how Wally became the greatest Flash of them all.

3 Likes