Wally or Barry?

Who is the better flash?Wally West or Barry Allen.I really want to know what you guys think.

5 Likes

Barry. Both are fantastic Flashs but Barry is my favorite

1 Like

Wally (the original one) is much better. Barry is too bland.

2 Likes

Barry is the best!

2 Likes

I am totally team Wally West :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Team Wally West all the way!

2 Likes

Classic Wally West is, was and will always be my Flash. Barry is cool, there is no doubt. But Wally is my absolute favorite. If i had to actually list my favorites in order I’d say First wally, Then Jay then Barry.

3 Likes

Both are awesome characters. Flashpoint is one of my all time favorite comics. I think it added so much more depth to Barry’s character. Wally was awesome in JLU and YJ. I have to give a slight edge to Wally just because of what he has been able to accomplish in a shorter time span as the Flash.

2 Likes

Funny thing, Flashpoint was actually the name of my favorite Comic Shop inthe early 90s. It was located in Port Jefferson, NY (Long Island) Every Frebruary would be their annual month-long sales event called Flash-bruary whenever you bought comics you accumulated “Flash-Bucks” that were good towards the end of the month for by comics and merchandise. (oddly enough the Flash-bucks had a picture of Spiderman in the “presidential” window spinning a dollar on the tip of his finger like a basketball)

1 Like

February* (they really need to ad an edit post feature to this board!)

3 Likes

Not the most common choice but I prefer Wally. I read some Barry Allen Flash stories as a kid. But when I fell in love with comics was around 1988 and I took a long break (somewhat which is still going on) after Flashpoint. So I in a lot of ways grew up with Wally West as the Flash, during the time I was most invested in reading comics weekly and DC especially was during almost the entirety of Wally’s tenure. So he has always been “my Flash” Even after all this time and the great WB show, I think of flash I still default to Wally West.

1 Like

Wally West all day.

Name 1 Barry Allen story that defines the Flash pre-rebirth…

Trial of the Flash? Written out of existence…

The best Barry stories are Waids Return of Barry Allen and when he died.

Williamson is doing pretty good currently, specifically the negative flash story around issue 26ish or so.

Wally West was the Flash when Bart came in exiatence, speed Force, the Rogues becoming a legit threat, all those JLA stories.

Same can be applied to Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner. Albeit Hal has been way better upon his rebirth. Then again, maybe i just like Geoff Johns in that era…

I take that back, Mark Waids Wally stories were all good too.

Silver age stuff hasnt aged super well, but the Wally Flash stories are all pretty cool.

Bart Allen as the Flash had a solid run. Thats available on this app too. Every Flash fan should give it a quick read. Its like 13 issues.

1 Like

Wally because I’m a Young Justice fan and because Barry broke the world in Flashpoint

Wally was the first Flash I knew, so I’m partial to him there. I also liked his legacy transition, supporting cast (Linda and Piper were awesome), interactions with the Rogues, and exploration of the Speed Force. When I went back to read his run, it surprised me how many of my favorite Flash tv show story arcs actually ‘belonged to’ Wally West. Don’t get me wrong, I like Barry and his CCPD job, but I find Wally more entertaining/interesting overall. Even in Rebirth, I want to see Wally’s journey through a foreign world/timeline. I think it’s interesting that the reader and character know more history than most of the other characters. Typically, alternate timelines are explored from a discovery point of view instead of an introspection (at least in my experience).

1 Like

That’s what the tv show has done in my opinion. They combined the two. His name and job belong to Barry Allen but the actor looks exactly like Wally West and in my opinion acts like Wally as he’s written in the comics. So I was hoping the movie Flash would be Barry Allen as seen in classic comics (older, blonde, optimistic, smart, successful career man,CSI scientist) instead we get quirky Bart Allen (Impulse) as the Flash. Not sure what point I’m trying to make except I prefer Barry but still feel like he hasn’t been faithfully represented on screen.

wally. he’s faster than barry (at least according to flash war) and all around more fun and relatable, tho dont get me wrong i love barry too

1 Like

Marcus Scribner as Wallace West

5eca204250aeca9367e7827b11248dd2-full.jpg

Wally

Wally