VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

I know what you mean! JLQ does sound like it could be really interesting but I’m also into the Robins! Tough choices, tough choices… at least I can decide on the other choices easily lol. I just started reading more Swamp Thing so I’m kinda looking forward to that.

By the way, welcome back to the community! Nice to see you here :smiley:

7 Likes

Putting JLQ against Robins is more like putting up a D1 collegiate soccer champion team against the World Cup Winners.
They might pull off a surprise win, sure. But the odds are still stacked against the college team.

4 Likes

Not really. Last I checked, the poll was about 45% v. 55%, favoring Robins. That’s far from being the landslide victory you are describing.

3 Likes

Like I said, there’s a chance the collegiate team wins, but it’s not necessarily the bet of the standard exec.

5 Likes

In any case, the analogy still stands. How many of those other pitches are getting the kind of support we’re seeing for JLQ and Robins? One, maybe two? And how much of that support would vanish instantly if it were a choice between that pitch and JLQ?

4 Likes

I like the idea of giving underrepresented or forgotten characters a shot to find new audiences. Etta Candy, Zatanna, JLQ, Animal Man (even with Lobo), Paws off Justice League, and Nightrunner all would be cool to see get a shot.

5 Likes

Agreed-ish. It would certainly be better, but out of all these…

4 Likes

I feel so bad having to choose Robins over Justice League Queer. Like, we absolutely need a book where all of DC’s best LGBTQ+ characters are together, but… ROBINS!!!

5 Likes

I do like the idea of Tim and Kon finally being a couple, especially since people (and by people, I mean the writers) seem to have completely forgotten how strongly (or at all) it was hinted. But at the same time, I love Tim and Steph so much. Also, are there any stories of Damian having a romance at all (not counting alternate realities like DCeased: Dead Planet)?

6 Likes

Also, if we don’t get Robins, we’ll never know who “the first” Robin was! My personal theory is it’s all part of an elaborate training exercise, but it could also be an alternate reality version who doesn’t realize they’re in the wrong reality

4 Likes

Yessssss.

4 Likes

“Queer” hasn’t been a slur since back when Alan Scott was the only Green Lantern and Jay Garrick was the only Flash.

4 Likes

They would NEVER leave her out. (Backs into corner, speaks in quiet, shaky voice) Would they?

5 Likes

This may be taken down for being off-topic, but
Aerie
Alex Danvers*
Aqualad
Batwoman (Kate Kane)
Brainiac 5
Bunker
Crush
Dream Girl
Dreamer
Grace Choi
Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
Green Lantern (Jo Mullein)
Jinny Hex
John Constantine
Kid Quick
Red Robin
Shining Knight
Superboy (Conner Kent)
Thunder
White Canary (Sara Lance)*
Wonder Woman

In other words, ALL OF THEM. Whenever I’m asked a hypothetical, I always react like this. As long as it’s hypothetical, why restrict ourselves?

*From the Arrowverse

5 Likes

Yesssssss.

4 Likes

You can also vote on Instagram.

4 Likes

Wait, guys, I think I’ve got it: Vote for Robins, then claim that morally, we NEED JLQ. That way, we get them both!

4 Likes

Aren’t moderators supposed to be impartial?

3 Likes

I hope…

5 Likes

ABSOLUTELY! My two favorites were put against each other right out of the gate?

5 Likes