:0_round_robin: VOTING CLOSED! Round Robin: Round II :0_round_robin:

So you all already have writers and artists planned, but only on pair will actually get the job? That sounds very messed up if at the end of this you don’t say “Surprise we’re eventually doing all of these!”

8 Likes

Can we rig the vote or…

3 Likes

Welcome @kidzworld2014.77299 ! Also, lol

4 Likes

Honestly I REALLY hope Robins will lose out to Zatanna in the next round.

Not because I don’t want to read it, but with a book like Batman: Urban Legends I think there’s already a perfect book to put that story in, while getting a book that would have a harder time getting published.

7 Likes

A lot of new readers or fans are being introduced through the teen titans or the newer dc animations where the teen titans are more of a presence than Lobo, Robin being so closely related to one of the most popular characters in the comics (Batman) makes it more likely for people to ask for more. Honestly I’m surprised there hasn’t already been a series focusing on the robins alone. So I’d be stoked if it actually comes to fruition, because I grew up with Dick Grayson and always love to see more of his character. I mean it sucks but most newer fans might not know much about lobo or even that he exists. TBH I didn’t know about him as a kid until Injustice 1.

8 Likes

Hi @kidzworld2014.77299 - First, let me welcome you to the community! We’re really glad to have you here, and hope you stick around and discuss with us!

As for your questions, we just recently had a Q&A with the very DC Publishing staff that brought the Round Robin to life. Everyone involved is very excited by the idea of letting the fans choose which direction this will go, and what the end result will be.

In regards to doing all of the series involved, Katie Kubert stated in the Q&A - “we definitely want to figure out the best way to give life to all of these amazing concepts – it’s just figuring out the best way to do that that honors the concepts, the creators, and the fans.”

So things are still up in the air. If you’re interested in seeing more answers from the people involved in these stories, here is a link to the full Q&A session.

7 Likes

S’cool we got a dang good so far Swampy book out NOW, and, sigh, I guess its time for a longbox closet shuffle to find those AMBUSH BUG books. We’re nearing hammock-reading weather and I NEED PRINT!

4 Likes

That match really was the only one I cared about in Round 1, and I was rooting for both of them to win somehow. :wink:

6 Likes

We’re really going to go through all of this just so that we can get yet another book about the Robins/Gotham? Don’t y’all Batman folks have enough active books and back issues already? Do you literally have to be the only thing that DC does?

Literally 14 of the 34 books DC will release this month are about Batman or characters from his universe. That’s over 41% of everything DC releases this month. And here we have a chance for Lobo/Animal Man to get featured, or Zatanna, or Jesse Quick, or Blue Beetle and instead we’re getting people overwhelming asking for more of what they already have too much of.

I get it - we all love what we love and want more of it - but if Robins goes on to win this thing, and at this point I’d be gobsmacked if it didn’t, then the message sent will be that we don’t want anything new. We don’t want any of the other characters to ever get featured. We don’t want DC to explore their entire universe. Nope, just keep those stories from Gotham coming and nothing else and we’ll be fine.

It’s disappointing to see but not unexpected.

14 Likes

Oh, wow, we have so much more to decide with now. I’m still on team “all of them, please,” but from the Q&A it sounds like the intent is to give all 15 a later chance in some format, so that’s enheartening. My two cents…

• Zatanna all the way. She definitely needs more headline titles, while the GL tale can fit in any GL book. As @HubCityQuestion and @OldManJonah pointed out… written by Jen and Sylvia Soska!!! Plus, Vanesa Del Rey art - that would be an excellent counterbalance to her beautiful work on Scarlet Witch.
  • Lobo/Animal Man needs to happen. I’m repeating my round one logic here, but they were an awesome pair (with Starfire) in 52 and I want more of that. Plus, just look at Maxine right there in that teaser image. This is exactly what I’m hoping for from this story. (And people seem to have some problem with Tim Seeley - not sure of the backstory on that, but if it’s not enough to sway the diehard Robins supporters, look at who’s writing Lobo/Buddy … Heath Corson has written the screenplays for nearly all of your favorite DC animated movies.)
  • Jesse - I’m less vested in this argument, as I don’t recognize any of the creators by name (will need to Google), but both look beautiful. I just don’t want Jaime to grow up. Just like Raven would get story-boring if she matures in to a confident adult, Jaime needs to idle in angsty, awkward, bad-decision-making high school - if he matures too much he’s “just another Beetle.”
  • Suicide Squad - I love me some Kelly/Lanzing stories, but am sticking to my guns here - - no Lois in space nonsense. Plus, come on - I don’t think we’ve seen El Dorado since his cameo in Suicide Squad Most Wanted; why are he, El Gaucho, and Zachary Zatara rolling with the Squad? Plus … is that Black Alice?!?! And Lord Kobra (Or is that Jericho?)!?! And … BAYTOR?!?!?! C’mooooon!
7 Likes

Amen! Gimme the deep cuts!

9 Likes

I would love to see more Kyle Rayner and Kilowog. If they’re making a live action Zatanna and she’s still a mainstay in JL Dark, I think she’d be fine not getting a solo series for now. I’d much rather see some more lantern stuff, especially since Rayner has been a little neglected lately and been bouncing around as a background character in either GL comics or Titans. Rayner is too much of a major player in GL comics to be both a background character in the GL comics AND not get any live action or animated versions except one small animated mention now and then, if that.

5 Likes

Question: if I vote for one book on another platform, do I have to stick with my choice here (something something ‘unspoken rules’) or can I vote differently based on other factors (like a change of opinion).

5 Likes

I was suprise to get a Round Robin badge! Thankyou so much, @Moderators! That was a nice suprise.:smiley:
Also nice new emoji you’ve got!
:0_round_robin:

12 Likes

It’s cool to see the voting brought over here! I imagine the number of votes won’t be as numerous as on Twitter, but hopefully still enough to make a difference. :wink:

7 Likes

I really hope Graduation day wins. I love Blue Beetle!

7 Likes

The Suicide Squad Seven made it?!?!?! I am so excited!!!

6 Likes

I’m good with Robins winning. We are already getting a Lobo/Crush series

6 Likes

My votes went to Green Lanterns, Robins, Jessie Quick, and S&L: Ignitions. I’d love to see Kyle appearing regularly in a book again!

4 Likes

Team Robins!!! :00_robin: :yjo_nightwing: :00_red_robin:

9 Likes