Vote For Your Favorite Adventures of Superman 1940's Radio Show Storyline To Date!

It’s time to vote for your favorite storyline to date from The Adventures of Superman radio show that we have featured in the twice a month Listen Alongs in 2021!

Now that we have finally completed listening to all the episodes of “The Talking Cat” , let’s see how this outrageous and lunatic storyline compares with the others we’ve enjoyed so far.

All are welcome to vote, and there are convenient links to the recordings on Youtube (with most commercials scrubbed out) for you to sample:

• The Lost Continent of Atlantis (1942)
  • Mystery of the Wax Men (with Batman) 1945
  • The Atom Man (1945)
  • The Talking Cat (January 1946)
  • Is There Another Superman (January 1946)
  • Clan of the Fiery Cross (June 1946)

0 voters

For your voting convenience, here are links to these Youtube video radio shows:

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show Youtube Playlist: The Adventures of Superman 1940s Radio Show, with most commercials but not all removed - YouTube

(just click on the title to go to the first of the recordings)

The Talking Cat (5 recordings) January 1946

Clan of the Fiery Cross (1946)

The Scarlett Widow (1945) 3 recordings

Mystery of the Wax Men (with Batman) 1945

The Atom Man (1945)

The Lost Continent of Atlantis (1942)

Is There Another Superman (3 recordings) January 1946

3 Likes

Feel free to tell us in a post here why you chose what you chose.

2 Likes

The Talking Cat, because Clark is all over it, and the chatting by the group is great.

3 Likes

I’ll never be able to get that opening scene in the Talking Cat out of my mind of Lois coming in and pulling a gun on Perry like that.

A close second is the most recent episode of the Atom Man where Lois is trying to call the insane asylum to come pick Clark up for a rubber room like that, oh boy!

3 Likes

I loved the hand held radio shenanigans with Robin and laughed so hard at the comments from everyone here! Plus hearing Batman and Superman along with Bruce and Clark sloppily covering their duel identities was just hilarious!

3 Likes

Oh yeah, “Is There Another Superman?” really had us concerned for Bruce’s fitness for parenting lol.

That reminds me, the “action” scenes were a hoot on that one also between the sounds of struggle and the “tough guy” talk.

3 Likes

Wow no love for the Atom Man

3 Likes

GUYS!!! LOOK AT THIS!!!

From Impulse – Issue 16

4 Likes

Someone needs t9 tell that fellow that isn’t the shadow radio show lol.

3 Likes

what’s shadow radio?

1 Like

oh i figured it out

1 Like

I hope to be presenting a shadow radio show at the end of September let’s see what happens.

3 Likes

is now a bad time to say I’m a wimp?

2 Likes

This is epic! A 2 for 1 reference!

2 Likes

Hey I just watched this and thought you guys would appreciate it! I learned so much about the Shadow’s history and I’m even more excited for the listen along!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. As this video points out, It’s very obvious that Batman was at least partially based on the concept of The Shadow. I plan to let our Bat friends here be aware of when we start our Shadow radio show listening fun.

2 Likes

I voting for the superman radio ep “The Talking Cat”

2 Likes