Volunteers Wanted for New DCUI Feature!

I’d also like to help, if you need people. I know my way around a computer and an iPad, around the app as it exists, and around the DC Universe. Let me know how I can help, if I can help.

4 Likes

How do I sign up?

3 Likes

Hey @wwygle.82189, welcome back to the community! :wave: No need to do anything besides post in this thread - we’ll reach out to you if you are selected for this small test.

Thanks for your interest and please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :batparrot:

4 Likes

I would be interested also

3 Likes

I would be happy to help!!

4 Likes

Love to help! Been a subscriber from day 1.

4 Likes

Would love to be a part of this. Day one (actually I did the early bird signup) subscriber.

4 Likes

Me!

4 Likes

Welcome back to the community @Arivera85! :partying_face: Thanks for volunteering and please don’t hesitate to reach out to the moderator team know if you need anything.

As a side note - thank you to everyone so far who has volunteered! We appreciate all of your interest. We couldn’t do this without all of you wonderful community members. :orange_heart:

7 Likes

If needed, sure.

2 Likes

they have been deemed expendable.
dcu.forever #notethepunctuation

1 Like

Hey @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx!

Not entirely sure what you’re intending to say here, but DCUI annual subscribers (or any other subscribers) are definitely not “deemed expendable”. In any case, let me know if you have feedback you’d like me to share with the DCUI team!

7 Likes

The shift in focus over the last two-to-three years is towards the higher cost options of monthly or ultra subscriptions. Herding customers to pay more for what they used to have access to; before goal posts were moved and high cost tiers were introduced.

The class system in play in regards to which members are catered to based solely on how much is bled from them.

Any original DCU annual subscribers who remain, especially those who per-ordered the service, have been treated as expendable. I imagine that the corporate hope is that they either eventually leave; thus forfeiting the annual cost they were grandfathered with, or “upgrade” with little reward and achieving the same cost forfeiture.

There used to be a sense of community in line with the shared experience of DC fandom, but more and more that has been abraded away.

Of course I know all the Mods do the very best they can, but when the service was constantly stripped down, there was only so much that could be done with the skeleton which remained.

The feeling that society is being shaped to vilify all critique; where everything has to be regarded as immaculate, and then shilled by all without question, is a trying test of the heart.

As they say, a business is a business, but that statement alone does not justify the suspension of examination and thought.

5 Likes

There used to be a sense of community in line with the shared experience of DC fandom, but more and more that has been abraded away.

Of course I know all the Mods do the very best they can, but when the service was constantly stripped down, there was only so much that could be done with the skeleton which remained.

The feeling that society is being shaped to vilify all critique; where everything has to be regarded as immaculate, and then shilled by all without question is a trying test of the heart.

As they say, a business is a business, but that statement alone does not justify the suspension of examination and thought.

I appreciate this feedback, and am glad you’re letting me know how you feel. That said, I’ll share a few things:

• The changes in DCUI offerings/mechanics are decisions that get made well above the purview of myself and the moderation team. We are the DC Community team, not the product or content team–we can, however, pass feedback and info off to those teams, which we do regularly. As you mentioned, the mods and I do the absolute best we can to keep things running as smoothly as possible. We might not always get it right straight away, but we work really hard in that effort.

• Neither the mods, nor myself, ever discourage feedback, critique, or examination or thought. This is why we have multiple DCUI feedback threads, office hours most weeks, user tests multiple times a year, and several other opportunities to allow for feedback and critique. I absolutely encourage everyone to utilize these things, as they are the most direct way to make your critique and feedback heard. As the DC Community team, we have never expected anything to be “regarded as immaculate”, and we’ve never asked examination and thought to be suspended.

I hope this helps clarify some of the elements that are involved in how a service like DCUI evolves over time, and how the DC Community team works alongside those evolutions. The purpose of this thread was simply to allow a specific cohort of users test a potential new feature–it is not an effort to minimize other parts of the DCUI user base. Segmenting a user base to gather different data points is a standard step in how services and products get updated.

9 Likes

This is really transparent and effective leadership, Mod.
Thank you for all this. It seems a lot of the dialog in the community is, in fact, about content, over which you mods have no control (as I just learned above). It might be helpful to have some decision making entity on the content team chime in from time to time to discuss future release. A lot of older fans are feeling alienated due to a lack of vintage comics bundled in the new releases, and perhaps somebody from the content team addressing this every six months or so would help us old old old fans feel less ignored. After all, our rabid DC fandom in the 60s, 70s and 80s are what today’s fandom was built on. So, can we finally see Jonah Hex, Sgt. Rock, The Metal Men and DC’s Plastic Man, please?

10 Likes

I will volunteer my services if selected. Thanks for the opportunity!

7 Likes

Hi, I’d be happy to help! I’m only just seeing this now, sorry!

5 Likes

Would love to help test!

5 Likes

oh I’m late to the party, but I’ve been registered since DCU was in the beta phase! If you need anyone else, I would be able to take part.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community, new friend! Please let us moderators know if you need anything at all :slight_smile:

3 Likes