The Batman: Part II - Ideas, Updates, Theories, etc

The Batman is 1 of my favorite DC movies ever made. I love what Matt Reeves is doing with the universe. But ever since it came out back in March, I’ve been thinking about who the villain might be in the sequel. I hope it’s gonna be Mr. Freeze because he’s 1 of my favorite Batman villains. Ever since Paul Dini and Bruce Timm changed his origin in TAS, making him a far more interesting enemy, I’ve always loved the character.

The coolest thing about Mr. Freeze is the fact that he isn’t really evil or crazy like Batman’s other villains. He’s more of an anti-hero because he just wants to save his wife from dying. Would he kill innocents if he has to? Yes. But only for a greater purpose. Freeze is a villain I feel the audience would really sympathize with, once they see his origin story with Ferris Boyle.

I also feel that they shouldn’t make him realistic. Yes, The Batman Universe is grounded and gritty, but it’s not too realistic. I still think they can bring a comic-accurate Mr. Freeze to the big screen. Just imagine if they adapt that episode from TAS. Also, the beautiful cinematography having a snowy-winter setting mixed in with gothicism would be awesome!

Also, I feel the title of the sequel should be The Batman: Heart of Ice! But who else do you guys think could be a villain in the sequel? And what other ideas in general do you think will be great for future projects? This discussion will literally be about everything related to the film (also including insider information, set photos) and, of course, a review of the film when it eventually comes out!

12 Likes

110% want Mr. freeze for The Batman 2!

8 Likes

Who do you think should be cast as freeze @thebat.0331? I’m hoping it’s Mads Mikkelsen.

9 Likes

Some have suggested Giancarlo Esposito

5 Likes

Eh I’m not sure he could do the sympathetic villain, also from what I’ve seen in death stranding I think Mikkelsen’s Voice would be a better fit for freeze.

4 Likes

Ventriloquist

Owlman

Scarecrow

The Mutant Leader

Gotham City

7 Likes

DEFINITELY! Mads is perfect for the role!

4 Likes

If not Mads
This would be my 2nd choice

3 Likes

I’m just thinking how epic and emotional the adaptation would be if Matt Reeves did this

4 Likes

Scarecrow would be perfect for the tone of this universe
It would be terrifying and disturbing

7 Likes

Honestly should be either Hush or the Court Of Owls.

This franchise could finally tell Batman stories that involve his detective skills to solve a mystery with each villain in the series becoming more dangerous in their influence or connection to Bruce Wayne.
Plus there isn’t a reason you can’t incorporate Batman’s other rogues as supporting characters. I really do like people thoughts on Mr. Freeze but why waste him in one movie when we can see him return in those HBO Max spin-offs.

7 Likes

Court of Owls would definitely be interesting

5 Likes

Hush is such a dull villain I have trouble seeing this work. The Court of Owl’s main problem is the question of how I do not find them sooner, so using them quickly actually fixes that.

4 Likes

I try to remember at one point Hush was hella interesting and skilled enough to outsmart Bruce on several occasions.
The problem became diminishing returns, Hush was overshadowed by Batman other villains that make him irreverent as just another crazy in Gotham.

3 Likes

Might not make much sense outside of “The Dark Knight Returns”

Isn’t that an alternate reality evil Batman

4 Likes

Owlman is my brother.

4 Likes

Did you see his performance in Breaking Bad?? He’d be great as Freeze, but Marvel will likely snatch him up first so I don’t think he’s going to be available.

5 Likes

I’d probably would like to see Mister Freeze, Clayface & Scarface with Ventriloquist. It’d be great to see those Villains.:grinning:

5 Likes

Ok don’t murder me but…

I haven’t seen Breaking bad yet.

7 Likes

Definitely add it to your must watch list. It’s stellar from start to finish, and you’ll understand why everyone is after Giancarlo Esposito after seeing his performance there.

7 Likes