Vertigo Discussion

Who else is reading and loving the new Vertigo titles? Bordertown is maybe my second favorite new title of the year.

3 Likes

Border town is great and easy to read.

Except for Book of Magic, I find that the other three Dreaming books are hard to read. Many times I have to go back to page 1. What I do is read another comic book and then start over. Sometimes I don’t know who a character is, I have to go back to a previous issue. Sandman was never hard for me.

1 Like

I really like the Dreaming and Lucifer has alot of promise. House of Whispers is a book you really need to read closely to get anything out of. Books of Magic is really the only Sandman Universe title that didn’t grab me. Maybe its just that the art isn’t to my taste.

One thing about the original series (the ones that are not part of Sandman Universe) is that I don’t know that I see any of them running more than a year or two, not because they’re not good (Bordertown, Hexwives and American Carnage have all been excellent) but because they all seem tp have very natural end points inherent to their concepts. This isn’t neccessarily a bad thing but I would really love to have a new series with the scope of classic Vertigo titles like Preacher, Y The Last Man or Fables.

Border town is fantastic. I still have to get to the other new titles.

1 Like

yeah would love Hex Wives to last; can’t remember a book that had this much going on beneath the surface while the world is literally on fire

1 Like

I wanna read Hex Wives sooo bad. Looks amazing from the little I’ve seen.

2 Likes

I’m reading Hex Wives & American Carnage. Both had pretty good starts, Hex Wives #2 wasn’t as good as the first, but I’ll keep picking it up.

1 Like

I was really surprised by how much I liked American Carnage since I don’t usually go for crime fiction. I picked it up on the strength of the Vertigo brand (don’t think I’ve ever read a Vertigo book I didn’t at least like even when the imprint was floundering) and I was not disappointed.

1 Like

I forgot that Hex Wives and American Carnage were part of Vertigo.

Both are great books and easy to read,

I thought American Carnage was part of the Bendis Imprint.

Any other Vertigo books than these two, the excellent Bodertown and the four Sandman universe books?

1 Like

Border Town and American Carnage are the first monthly titles that I’ve been excited for in a long time. I subscribed to American Carnage as soon as I finished issue one. I still gotta check out the other Vertigo titles.

1 Like

Goddess Mode is coming out soon. Not sure if its this week or next.

this week, tomorrow, that one’s on my list, too

1 Like

This thread has not aged well, given recent news

4 Likes

Sad but true

2 Likes

Fortunately Vertigo is bigger than one book or creator.

4 Likes

How is Goddess Mode? I haven’t picked up my books for last week yet?

I like it, a huge amount of visual information on each page, but flow lines are done well

despite cascades of color, I never felt lost or unsure whose monologue it was

for a #1 issue, it seems like a decently unique take on future sci-fi themes

1 Like