Vertigo Club Presents: Vertigo Book Club #1 --- V FOR VENDETTA!

Welcome, members of the DC Community to the VERY FIRST Vertigo Book Club hosted by me and @Vroom! This week, we’ll be focusing on…

V FOR VENDETTA
AGE SUGGESTION: 17+

Number of Issues: 10

Brief description from dc.com: In the near future, England has become a corrupt, totalitarian state, opposed only by V, the mystery man wearing a white porcelain mask who intends to free the masses through absurd acts of terrorism.

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. What was your favorite moment of the series? Why?
  2. As the story progresses, we learn more and more about V. Did you like his backstory? Why or why not?
  3. Do you think V is a hero, or is he a terrorist? Please explain.
  4. Do you like V’s anonymity even to the readers? Please explain.
  5. Did you like the “death” of V? Why or why not?

The Vertigo Club, run by @Jurisdiction and @Vroom, is a club specifically run to celebrate DC’s greatest imprint, Vertigo’s 30th anniversary! Throughout all of 2023, @Vroom and @Jurisdiction will be posting some of their favorite Vertigo titles to commemorate such an impactful and fun imprint! We hope you will join us!

4 Likes
  1. What was your favorite moment of the series? Why?

I think the best part was the self actualization of what he was was dope!

1. As the story progresses, we learn more and more about V. Did you like his backstory? Why or why not?

Its definitely an interesting one. I liked the concept of what we can all be susceptible to one day.

1. Do you think V is a hero, or is he a terrorist? Please explain.

to the definition of the word “Terrorist” no, because he doesnt go against the civilians… well good ones. However, my boy definitely a rebel.

1. Do you like V’s anonymity even to the readers? Please explain.

I like it, it sets the IDEA that he cant be KILLED

1. Did you like the “death” of V? Why or why not?

No one likes seeing their favorite character die. I much would have him be killed by a more worthy adversary.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @bajacaliman!!!

I agreed with so many of your points, too! I’m glad you liked the series!

1 Like