VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

Who are these monsters who are NOT voting for the Super Pets?!
Y’all there is a MONKEY in a little CAPE!

8 Likes

It’s all fun. No matter who wins we all get to feel like we had a hand in choosing the book that gets made.

6 Likes

That’s what I thought at first, but she’s a pretty big character, and the description would’ve probably name-dropped her. The way it’s written, makes it sound like it might be completely new characters with maybe some existing ones. But yeah, knowing who the team is would’ve been super helpful!

5 Likes

If I were to wager a guess, I figure all of these books are being made with the idea that these will probably be six-issue mini-series. But, I would hope that if successful, they would launch a new volume or just keep the numbering going.

Also, I guess I’m the only one not feeling the title of the book? I dunno, maybe it’s just me being more old-fashioned in the community. It just feels weird to have what used to be a slur on the title. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Nightwing coming out? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

I am a firm believer that every Robin is bisexual

15 Likes

But yeah, upon reflection, I don’t think JLQ should have been part of this Round Robin. Queer spaces shouldn’t be something we have to vote on to open up. This should have just been greenlit.

15 Likes

That reminds me, who would you guys put on a LGBT Justice League team?

My vote goes to:

Batwoman
Aqualad
Artemis
Alan Scott / Green Lantern
Sir Ystin / Shining Knight
Bunker
John Constantine
Thunder

10 Likes

I’d honestly be happy with any book. I think the exciting part is how dc’s letting the reader interact with the books like this.

6 Likes

I can totally see that, but I think by now it’s been completely reclaimed. I think at least for myself I have been hearing people using it constantly for about 4-5 years if not more. I suppose it depends on how old you are, too, but I imagine most Millennial and Gen Z folks who are LGBTQ wouldn’t think twice about it. One of my favorite podcasts is Queery with Cameron Esposito. I think it’s been on the air since probably 2017.

10 Likes

Wait, which Artemis? And how did I not know this about either of them?

7 Likes

7 Likes

Also, it seems like from the pitch that the 8 JLQ members will be younger heroes, or perhaps even entirely original heroes. Not sure how many established queer characters we’d even be seeing on it. I’d hope for, like, Aqualad and Thunder, at least.

Here’s a left field pick: Tremor, from Gail Simone’s The Movement. DC’s only canonically asexual hero!

11 Likes

That’s a pretty damn awesome team! I love Nia Nal, so I would find some place for Dreamer, too.

7 Likes

So, serious thought, since apparently secret option number three (a sixteen story anthology entitled They Kiss) isn’t available…

:00_lc_green_lantern: Green Lanterns: Underworld On Fire v :candy: Etta Candy: Holliday Hero, Inc. I love me some Green Lantern, and am a Kyle kid by birth decade, but this story can fit in any GL title. We so rarely get Etta-centric stories, so I’m all on the Holliday Hero bandwagon here. (Curious about the spelling of “Beeta” though - is that the Greek letter beta (β), but spelled so we pronounce it British? Did Etta go to college in England?)
:bug: The Brave and the Bug: Crisis on Infinite Ambush v :tophat: Zatanna and the King of Nightmares I am team ZZ every day, but love me some Ambush Bug. So I’m voting Bug because he’s not getting enough love, but am hella-interested in the Zatanna story and will secretly appreciate the crowds that will vote against me.
:motorcycle: Lobo / Animal Man: Scorched Earth v :japanese_ogre: Son of the Creeper I would normally vote for Creeper here, but Lobo and Animal Man was one of my favorite parts of 52 and I’m kind of hoping the “until now” means they’re not going on a pan-galactic adventure, but Lobo is crashing at Buddy’s place and I’ll get hilariously awkward scenes between Lobo and Maxine.
:00_dc_pride: Justice League Queer v :00_robin: Robins Easily JLQ. As with the GL story, the Robins story can fit in to any number of ongoing titles and doesn’t need it’s own space. Hell, bring back the survivors of We Are Robin, too, while we’re at it. But JLQ needs to be established as a team, and a flagship book is the way to launch it. Especially if it brings Bunker and/or Burden back!
:paw_prints: Paws Off the Justice League v :00_flash: Jesse Quick: Control I’m honestly not thrilled for either. I enjoyed Jimmy & Bizarro’s road trip, but am not so sure about him corralling pets. If you could guarantee me it would restore Titus (and Carrie) to continuity, I might be swayed. But I’m going to Jesse here, even though it feels like a speedster-forced echo of a Valiant story arc that shall remain nameless because spoilers.
:mortar_board: Blue Beetle: Graduation Day v :fr: Nightrunner: Love in Paris We need more Nightrunner. We need more Batman, Incorporated in general. What we don’t need is to allow Jaime to grow up. (Maybe Jesse’s evil self will kill grown up Jaime so he can be replaced with his own younger self?)
:st_swamp_thing: Swamp Thing: A House of Secrets v :00_suicide_squad: Suicide Squad Seven Swamp Thaaaaaaang all the way, even though it sounds a bit like echoes of Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love. We’ll have plenty of excuses for extra Suicide Squad books later this year, even though it sounds like I might be passing up Section 8 and maybe even Jacob.
:00_wonder_woman_1982: Asteria: The Last Amazon v :superman: Superman & Lois: Ignition As others have said, give me more Lois as a superstar investigative journalist, not traipsing across space. Asteria all the way here.
9 Likes

There’s also a cute kitty! This would be an amazing one-shot.

6 Likes

Artemis the Amazon. She was confirmed as bisexual during Scott Lobdell’s Red Hood & The Outlaws series.

8 Likes

Does it have a cute kitty cape?

8 Likes

Oh, definitely! So many great heroes to choose from – I was initially thinking of characters who would be analogues to classic JL members, which a mix of a couple younger/non-franchised heroes a creator could play with.

6 Likes

I would LOVE for Pan-wing (or at least Bi-wing) to be made canon ngl :00_dc_pride_bs: :0_nightwing:

((also there are dc emojis on here?! idk why I’m surprised but I am fdndj brb gonna just stare em now))

7 Likes