[Updated 3/02] 🧹HOUSEKEEPING 🧹 : New Sub-Categories To Be Created This Week!

[Updated 3/02] :broom:HOUSEKEEPING :broom: : New Sub-Categories To Be Created This Week!

Hi, everybody!

We’re gearing up to start implementing a lot of the feedback we’ve been collecting across the community since the launch of 2.0, back on that fateful day so many of us are marked as joining, October 16th, 2019.

3/02 UPDATE: We are moving forward this week with new sub-categories in the Watchtower category! You will see new options for exploring official announcements in Watchtower, like:

• News & Content
  • DC Daily
  • Sweepstakes
  • Tech Updates

The details contained in the below hidden menu have been carried out- feel free to explore if you haven’t had a chance to catch up by clicking the triangle icon :slight_smile:

Updates To Everything DC Category > Addition of Sub-Categories

While we are still baking a few of these developments out…
(a visible Community Calendar at the head of Calendar Events, a “Message” button in mobile message menu, more navigation options across pulldown menus and icons, fixed badges, design polishes to topic lists, global banners, user profiles, & topics themselves, prettier backgrounds, spoiler blurs appearing in topic lists, oodles more emojis, more watching/tracking/mute options for topics, oh, and a fix for our “joined” dates, btw, TBD for all end of March)

…One change we are implementing this week is the addition of new sub-categories. You will see new options for exploring events in Community Events, like:

• Fan Club Discussions
  • Watch-Alongs
  • Trivia & Games
  • Q&As
  • Club Directory

We’re also looking to tinker a bit with our Watchtower section to parse out announcement types, but this is our big priority at the moment :slight_smile:

Please pardon our dust as we move topics around amongst these categories! The only noticeable change for your experience will be that you might visit these topics and notice they’re empty. But never fear! Our moderation team is working hard this week to get everything filed away.

This WILL NOT:

• Impact your bookmarks
  • Impact your links

Or anything else, really :slight_smile:

Thank you for your patience, and we’re so excited to show you the results of your feedback!

27 Likes

You made this while we were talking to the DCUnscripteders (gotta figure out a better name)?

4 Likes

Awesome thanks for the info

5 Likes

Yup, I’m a powerhouse multi-tasker :muscle:

9 Likes

Just like Barbara.

6 Likes

Okay. hold up what? So, will these be mod things, or us things or what?
What will be the description of these categories? Will they be sub-categories of like Everything DC, or will they be their own categories? Seriously, I am confused and scared and hungry.

PS: While we’re at it, could we have DCUC court and RPing as their own sub/sub-sub categories?

2 Likes

They will be accessible to all members. They are additional categories, a la
Everything DC > Comic Books

But moderators need time to organize events into their proper categories; that’s why I mention them.

I hope the descriptions are self-evident; Watch-Alongs are where you will find Watch-Alongs, etc. I don’t want to overload with descriptive information when a word will do.

Iceberg Lounge currently serves our random conversation section. If we start grooming off-topic organization it will give the wrong impression to the purpose of this community forum. For now any DC-related RP, if organized as a timed event, will go in Trivia & Games or Fan Creations, depending on the format/purpose of the topic.

Hope this all makes sense! If you are still confused and scared and hungry, I offer you:
:hugs::candle::heart::hamburger::fries::cup_with_straw::books:

7 Likes

sees assorted housekeeping objects moving about on their own

Well, it’s a good bet Merlin and Wart are out and about. Kay and Mim should go clean the stables.

I’m looking forward to these new implementations, especially the oodles of emojis because, and let’s face facts True Believers, oodles of most things are wonderful.

1 Like

Sir Kay would not clean stables!

1 Like

Nice​:+1:t2:. All improvements are always appreciated :grin:

2 Likes

Agreed. I am glad the WALs are being separated into their own category.

2 Likes

Are you talking Sword in the Stone Sir Kay or Knight of the Round Table Sir Kay. Because he was Seneschal of Arthur’s kingdom.

1 Like

Yes, well I happen to be something of a fanatic when it comes King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table.

1 Like

Looking forward to the update!

Will the profile improvements include a fix for the blurry profile images? :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Ah! That is currently scoped to be released on a separate track towards the end of March :crossed_fingers: But it is ticketed and in development :smiley:

6 Likes

But what about DCUC court? We have so many trials pending, it would help to have a place to carry them all out!

1 Like

What is this court you speak of?

2 Likes

Going to quote my response to this same inquiry further up in the thread here:

Iceberg Lounge currently serves our random conversation section. If we start grooming off-topic organization it will give the wrong impression to the purpose of this community forum. For now any DC-related RP, if organized as a timed event, will go in Trivia & Games or Fan Creations, depending on the format/purpose of the topic.

4 Likes