UPDATE: The Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Edition

Heads up DCUI ULTRA subscribers! Your gift copy of The Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition, with an exclusive variant cover by Ivan Reis, will start shipping in January!

In the meantime, take a look at this beautiful DCUI ULTRA cover of this iconic book:

Be on the lookout for an email from DC UNIVERSE INFINITE in January in order to confirm your shipping address!

13 Likes

:00_superman1:uper Awesome™:+1:
Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Wow – okay, I thought when this was first announced that this was for the anniversary special that came out a couple months back. I didn’t realize this was for a deluxe version of the original story! It’s nice to find out you’re getting a better deal than you thought. :grin:

5 Likes

What beautiful artwork. Anyone who knows me knows I live to fawn over cool covers, and there’s definitely much to be said about this variant piece!

3 Likes

Such great news! And this cover is amazing! Forgive me if I missed it, but what amazing artist did this one? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The one, the only…Ivan Reis.

SN: In Reis we trust.

As my favorite Pixar character once said, “It’s so pretty.”

2 Likes

Reis is truly excellent! It’s quite fascinating to see him taking his first real crack at a Batman run in Detective Comics this year!

3 Likes

He is indeed quite :superman:uper, this is true.

If you see someone with a bumper sticker that reads “Reis rules!”, grab their attention (Don’t say “Pull over!”, because they may respond with “No, its a Cardigan, but thanks for noticing!”) in a normal way, then buy 'em lunch at I-HOP.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

Hello, I just bought The Death of Superman 30th anniversary deluxe edition. It is missing Superman: The Man of Steel #17, Superman #73, Adventures of Superman #496, and Action Comics #683. These issues are listed on the dustjacket, and interior of the book, but not actually in the book. May someone please fix this? I was really excited to get this book in part because of the extra issues. Thank you for the help.

2 Likes

Hey there Mcgrewp, welcome to our community! I’m very sorry to hear about this.

For this issue, I would firstly recommend reaching out to our Customer Support center providing exactly the details you’ve shared here. They might be able to look into the matter of physical issues further.

2 Likes

Thank you. I really appreciate your help.

1 Like

If I remember correctly my old trades only include one page from each of those issues: the ones with Doomsday’s fist punching the wall. (His arrival was teased across the line over those issues before he finally escaped in MoS #18.) So this new edition might be the same.

3 Likes

Welcome back to the community @gwg! :tada: Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything.

1 Like

Yes, that is the explanation I got elsewhere. I recall other collected editions (maybe not DC) saying something to the effect of, “material collected from issues xx, etc.,” but alas. The good news is I have DC infinite, so hopefully, I can read those issues in their entirety. Thank you so much for the response.

1 Like

Has this email been sent? Just making sure I didn’t miss it in my messy inbox.

3 Likes

Not yet! The team is aiming to send it within the next few weeks.

3 Likes

Will the email be sent with the same email as the current newsletters? If the email address is known I can set up alerts for it, just want to make sure I don’t miss it as I thought it said there was a limit.

Hi Max!

I believe the physical comic emails will be sent to the email address corresponding with your ULTRA subscription. :slight_smile: Those emails are predicted to go out within the next few weeks here.

3 Likes

Just wanted to check on the status of this - are we still looking at getting our email confirmation messages in the next week or so?

7 Likes