UPDATE! šŸ¬ Put Your Favorite Local Comic Shop On the Map! šŸ¬

Name : Disc Heroes
Address : 2614 SE 162nd Ave, Portland, OR 97236
Why you love it : This shop specializes in disc golf, MTG trading cards, games, comic books & collectible toys. I love the guys who run the place, very friendly and always knowledgeable about current comics. Iā€™ve had many great discussions about the collecting side of comics with them

4 Likes

Hello! Sounds like a really awesome place, Iā€™ve gone ahead and added it to the map. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

5 Likes

Im thinkin, when travel gets back to ā€œlets goā€, I really need to hit up Portland. Thereā€™s a podcast, MARVEL BY THE MONTH(sorry) with folks from there and a recent guest owned a shop that sounded like a killer place to be. Wish I jotted the name down before typing thisā€¦

7 Likes

NAME: A to Z Comics

Address: 1300 US-40, Blue Springs, MO 64015

Its has been one of the only local comic shops in the area and was always convenient for me living in different spots around the area. Debbie, the owner, is the sweetest lady. She does whatever she can to help get you whatever youā€™re looking for and has always been so personable. If Iā€™m not able to get there for months at a time, I walk in and she remembers me by name and asks how Iā€™m doing and about my baby she had only seen once. She is so welcoming and thatā€™s why I keep going back (when I can.) They have a really good selection of organized back issues and new stock, misc collectibles, and they are big on trading cards.

And their DC section is right by the door, so it cuts down on time getting to where you are going!

7 Likes

I love that you know the owner on a first name basis, that means Debbie is really involved in their establishment, it also means Debbie is awesome!

Iā€™ve added your shop to the map, thanks so much for sharing with us.

5 Likes

A Little Shop of Comics

387 Park Ave, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076

7 Likes

Hiya @Jurisdiction! Iā€™ve added your shop to the map! Let us know some of your favorite things about this shop and weā€™ll add that as well.

5 Likes

It has the most comics ive seen in any comic shop, which is funny because itā€™s the smallest shop ive ever seen lol

6 Likes

There we go, Iā€™ve added that to the map under your shop too! :grin: Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

anytime

5 Likes

Back home in Chicago itā€™s Chicago Comics, here in SF my spot is Isotope, but down in the Southland two of my most fave go to spots have always been fantastic for hard to find things-

The always awesome Golden Appleā€¦

7018 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038

ā€¦ and then up in the valley D.J.'s comics is amaze. Itā€™s a bit of a drive but so worth it-

http://www.djsuniversalcomics.com/

11390 Ventura Blvd.
Ste 9
Studio City, CA 91604

4 Likes

Hiya! Iā€™ve added Golden Apple Comics and D.J.'s Comics to the map! I can add the other two also if you would like, just let me know where theyā€™re located and why you like them!

6 Likes

Oh this is so cooool!!!

6 Likes

Sooo sorry for not responding to this sooner @Barrys.Better.Half- just seeing it now. :pleading_face:

Isotopeā€™s already up here (thx for that BTW :smiley:), but itā€™d be amazing if you could put my Chicago spot up. :+1:

Hereā€™s their address-

Chicago Comics
3244 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60657

Thank you!

10 Likes

Got this shop added as well, thank you!! :orange_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you @Barrys.Better.Half! :smiley: :+1:

8 Likes

Back in Arizona, Gotham City Comics in Mesa, AZ was my go to. Great staff and Brian Augustyn was in there pretty regularly.
Now that Iā€™m back home in SC, Richardā€™s Comics, 1214 Laurens Rd in Greenville, SC is my local favorite.

6 Likes

Sorry for the delay, Iā€™ve added both of these shops to the map! We appreciate you taking the time to share these with us. I know where Iā€™m going the next time Iā€™m in SC!

6 Likes

Hell yes! Love Asylum!!! :grin:

6 Likes

Hit me up while youā€™re in town.

5 Likes